Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 Online - Is it not realtime?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I check my bank account online every day and all of a sudden I have noticed that the balance isn't updating properly. All the transactions are listed but the balance isn't reduced? What is going on here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Lux23 wrote: »
    I check my bank account online every day and all of a sudden I have noticed that the balance isn't updating properly. All the transactions are listed but the balance isn't reduced? What is going on here?
    Good Morning Lux23,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

The 365 Online website is operating normally and your balance should be updating according to the transactions that have taken place on your account.

If you are checking the balance on your Bank of Ireland credit card the account information will show the balance on the account at the end of the previous day.

If you need to confirm any of the information on your account, please contact 0818 365 365 and one of our representatives will be happy to help.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

No, this does not appear to be the case at all. The transactions are appearing on my account but the balance didn't reduce? So yesterday I had over a positive balance and today I have a minus balance? I only used contactless once so that won't account for the discrepancy?

I was using the app over the weekend, is there a difference there. It just doesn't make sense.

No, this does not appear to be the case at all. The transactions are appearing on my account but the balance didn't reduce? So yesterday I had over a positive balance and today I have a minus balance? I only used contactless once so that won't account for the discrepancy?

I was using the app over the weekend, is there a difference there. It just doesn't make sense.

Hi Lux23,

Your account balance on the mobile app is identical to the balance available through 365 online. This reflects the balance at the end of the previous working day, subject to any transactions that have not yet been applied to your account.

This balance may be updated during the day as transactions are presented.
    We don’t have account access here to check the details of your account, however if you call 0818 365 365 a representative will be able to access your account and check the balance and transactions in further detail for you.

Thanks
    Nicola 

How do I differentiate between balances that have been applied to my account and those that haven't? Could the transaction be listed but not applied?

How do I differentiate between balances that have been applied to my account and those that haven't? Could the transaction be listed but not applied?
    Hi Lux23,
    The balance is updated throughout the day as transactions are presented, so once a transaction is presented to your account it will be listed and the balance will update to reflect this transaction.
    Hope this helps, thanks.
    Nicola

• Advertisement

Ok, well that is not what is happening with my account. All of the same transactions are there, it's just my balance was approximately €100 less. I have send a mail to the online helpdesk so hopefully they can check it out for me.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

If you look closely at the transaction list, you'll see that the format of more recent transactions looks a bit different to the one below. This is because BoI have knocked together a system to make transactions appear online in real time before they're put through to the core banking system - with cards if they don't have the POS label on them they're not fully applied. This mismatch between the core banking system and the online system seems to cause the balance to come out wrong in many cases.  It's a bugbear that's often been discussed on here, but no real action from BoI seems to be forthcoming on it. 

I can normally see the name of the company though and have been using a visa debit and laser for years without any issues. I just noticed a problem with it in the last couple of weeks.

About half of my transactions don't have a POS, so does that mean lots of them haven't been applied? That can't be right?

Can a BOI rep confirm this?

I can normally see the name of the company though and have been using a visa debit and laser for years without any issues. I just noticed a problem with it in the last couple of weeks.

About half of my transactions don't have a POS, so does that mean lots of them haven't been applied? That can't be right?

Can a BOI rep confirm this?
    Hi Lux23,
    If the transaction is appearing in your list of recent transactions or on your bank account statement then this transaction will also be reflected in the current balance of your account.
    If you need to query a specific transaction that is listed on your account the Online Service Desk can certainly look into this for you, alternatively a representative on 0818365365 will also be able to assist you with this. 
    Thanks
    Nicola

But then why were all the transactions listed yesterday and balance was in the positive and now this morning it is in the negative? You're not making any sense?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

But then why were all the transactions listed yesterday and balance was in the positive and now this morning it is in the negative? You're not making any sense?
    Hi Lux23,

Apologies, without access to your account, it would not be possible for us to clarify why your balance differs. It would be best to contact BOI Direct and a representative will be happy to explain this in greater detail for you. 

Representatives are available until midnight tonight and can be contacted on 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000.

Thanks
    Sharon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Not sure if this is what is happening, but I've regularly noticed in my account if I pay my electric bill with my debit card, the money is debited straight away and the balance is updated, but then sometimes, the money goes back into my account, then back out again.  It's frustrating as I usually check that the money has been debited and I check my remaining balance a few days later and assume its fully up to date, and then spend based on what I have left, only to find myself overdrawn as they debited the money again.

I think that might be what happened. I rang the phone line and they were pretty useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

I think that might be what happened. I rang the phone line and they were pretty useless.
    Hi Lux23,

We're sorry to hear that you did not find the information provided over the phone helpful. 

If you would like to send us a private message here with your full name and phone number we'd be more than happy to arrange for an Advisor to contact you. Please be careful not to send any account information in your private message.

To send us a private message, please ensure you have your signature set to display in your 'control panel settings' and then click on the link in my signature below. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Advertisement