Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conveyancing Fees

Options
  • 07-07-2015 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,
    Just got several quotes from various solicitors across the country for conveyancing fees for a house purchase (first time buyer). All asked me the value of house and if there was a mortgage.

Anyway the best quote I got was :
    Total Professional fees & Outlays for Purchase € 2,027.00(incl.VAT)
    + 1% stamp duty

Is this good - does anyone know if I could get a better deal. Seems like a lot of money for what seems like very little work.

thanks,
    Gloria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,364 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Why do you think it is so little work?

Have you a list of what will be done for this which is 1600 before Vat and take off maybe 300 for outlay so thats 1300 at euro 300 an hour is four hours work.
    the stamp duty is tax to fund our retired politicians

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,470 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

GloriaH wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just got several quotes from various solicitors across the country for conveyancing fees for a house purchase (first time buyer). All asked me the value of house and if there was a mortgage.

Anyway the best quote I got was :
    Total Professional fees & Outlays for Purchase € 2,027.00(incl.VAT)
    + 1% stamp duty

Is this good - does anyone know if I could get a better deal. Seems like a lot of money for what seems like very little work.

thanks,
    Gloria

if you got "several quotes" from across the country and that was the best... then doesnt that tell you something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

The dearest I was quoted was

fee: €1500
    misc outlays : €50
    vat: €357
    legal searches: €50
    land reg : €800
    mortgage reg: €175
    stamp 1%

I actually went with this guys as despite being a good bit dearer, he spent time to explain what was what, and talked me through the process.

I always rang and asked to talk to the solicitor I would be dealing with ( from experience they can be very difficult to deal )
    I got a range of responses from none ( the cheapest quote ) to my guy
    Since then we've actually had one or 2 issues that I am glad its been him dealing with as my old solicitor would have been a nightmare to track down ( until the bill was due )

Advertisement