Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay away from Eircom.

Options
  • 07-07-2015 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

[font=arial, sans-serif]I 'connected' to Eircom on 27th May 2015. As of today, I still do not have service. I have sent Twitter messages, used web chat and called every day since 27th. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I signed up to eTalk NGB. On the 28th May I noticed that Eircom signed me up to a Talk only package. I have my contract and I did not sign a contract for this package plan. I have asked Eircom to tell me when I gave permission for this to be done but I have not been privy to this information as of yet. As far as I can see, this is not legal. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]A line fault was raised on 28th and I was told it would be fixed within 48 hours. 48 hours later, I called back. I was told that the fault wasn't raised correctly and it was submitted again, it would be resolved in 48 hours. Needless to say, this did not happen. I was told I needed and engineer visit. I called back and was told the engineer was out on 2nd June at 13:30, fixed the line and confirmed with me that it was working. At 13:30 on Tuesday 2nd June I was at work. In Dublin. So, how the engineer spoke to me in Dundalk is still a mystery. When I explained this, arrangements were made with another engineer. He called me on Friday evening to say he would be there at 9a.m. on Saturday. He never showed. Never called to cancel. I was once again left sitting waiting for another broken promise from Eircom. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called again to find out why he never showed, the agent arranged a new engineer. This time he called me from the house and told me I couldn't get broadband so it was never going to work. I told him that my cousin owned the house adjoined to mine and he had broadband with Eircom. He told me he would check it and let me know, he might have to re-assign the line to a new exchange. He never called back. I called again and was told the line was moved but there was now a failed activation on the line so I would need to call the sales team to resubmit. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I spoke to the sales team, she did something and told me should would called back in 24 hours. Of course this call never arrived. On 16th June an engineer called me at 8a.m. to say he was going to fix the line. At 10a.m. after 2 hours of working at it he called Eircom tech who told him that there was a pending order on the line so they couldn't activate it. They advised him to ask me to call, cancel the pending order, resubmit the order and call him back in a few days when the order has gone through. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I logged into my account online to get my account number and saw a bill for over €65. I have no idea what that bill was for. It said service charge. Service?? Ha! [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called Eircom and asked them to cancel the order, they said it would HOPEFULLY be done in 24 hours and then I would have to call back and complete a new order. I asked how I would be compensated for time wasted with my daily calls to agents who are unwilling to help and the levels of stress this is causing me, I was told I could get €30 credit. €30??? I've checked terms of service and Eircom agree to give someone one month free if they are without service for 2 days, how am I entitled to the same compensation as someone who lost service for 2 days when I have been dealing with this for 42 days SO FAR. God only knows when this will be resolved. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any company. Every agent I speak to doesn't want to take ownership and I get the impression that none of them want to be there. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have raised this with ComReg now because no one in Eircom wants or knows how to fix this.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Eircom are not the only provider out there but they are by far the WORST, if you are thinking of signing up DON'T DO IT![/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mooha00 wrote: »
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I 'connected' to Eircom on 27th May 2015. As of today, I still do not have service. I have sent Twitter messages, used web chat and called every day since 27th. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I signed up to eTalk NGB. On the 28th May I noticed that Eircom signed me up to a Talk only package. I have my contract and I did not sign a contract for this package plan. I have asked Eircom to tell me when I gave permission for this to be done but I have not been privy to this information as of yet. As far as I can see, this is not legal. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]A line fault was raised on 28th and I was told it would be fixed within 48 hours. 48 hours later, I called back. I was told that the fault wasn't raised correctly and it was submitted again, it would be resolved in 48 hours. Needless to say, this did not happen. I was told I needed and engineer visit. I called back and was told the engineer was out on 2nd June at 13:30, fixed the line and confirmed with me that it was working. At 13:30 on Tuesday 2nd June I was at work. In Dublin. So, how the engineer spoke to me in Dundalk is still a mystery. When I explained this, arrangements were made with another engineer. He called me on Friday evening to say he would be there at 9a.m. on Saturday. He never showed. Never called to cancel. I was once again left sitting waiting for another broken promise from Eircom. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called again to find out why he never showed, the agent arranged a new engineer. This time he called me from the house and told me I couldn't get broadband so it was never going to work. I told him that my cousin owned the house adjoined to mine and he had broadband with Eircom. He told me he would check it and let me know, he might have to re-assign the line to a new exchange. He never called back. I called again and was told the line was moved but there was now a failed activation on the line so I would need to call the sales team to resubmit. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I spoke to the sales team, she did something and told me should would called back in 24 hours. Of course this call never arrived. On 16th June an engineer called me at 8a.m. to say he was going to fix the line. At 10a.m. after 2 hours of working at it he called Eircom tech who told him that there was a pending order on the line so they couldn't activate it. They advised him to ask me to call, cancel the pending order, resubmit the order and call him back in a few days when the order has gone through. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I logged into my account online to get my account number and saw a bill for over €65. I have no idea what that bill was for. It said service charge. Service?? Ha! [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I called Eircom and asked them to cancel the order, they said it would HOPEFULLY be done in 24 hours and then I would have to call back and complete a new order. I asked how I would be compensated for time wasted with my daily calls to agents who are unwilling to help and the levels of stress this is causing me, I was told I could get €30 credit. €30??? I've checked terms of service and Eircom agree to give someone one month free if they are without service for 2 days, how am I entitled to the same compensation as someone who lost service for 2 days when I have been dealing with this for 42 days SO FAR. God only knows when this will be resolved. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any company. Every agent I speak to doesn't want to take ownership and I get the impression that none of them want to be there. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have raised this with ComReg now because no one in Eircom wants or knows how to fix this.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Eircom are not the only provider out there but they are by far the WORST, if you are thinking of signing up DON'T DO IT![/font]
    I'm genuinely sorry to hear of this mooha00

It's clear to see apologies are certainly in order and you experience with eircom should obviously be much better than this.

I will be happy to look in to this further for you, please PM me your eircom account number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mooha00

Check with the head of Communications. She has had this on her radar since 18th June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Check with the head of Communications. She has had this on her radar since 18th June.
    I appreciate others have been looking in to this mooha00 however in order for me to assist I will need to access your eircom account. Please PM me your order, land line or account number if you would like my assistance in this matter - I can assure you I do want to help.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mooha00

If Eircom staff can't send e-mails to each other, what hope do I have of getting contacted as promised?

If you don't know who the Head of Communications is, just Google it. I'm sure you don't want me posting names on a public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭lickme

If Eircom staff can't send e-mails to each other, what hope do I have of getting contacted as promised?

If you don't know who the Head of Communications is, just Google it. I'm sure you don't want me posting names on a public forum.

Just send on your account number through private mail to the reps instead of acting like a spoilt child if you want help. There usually pretty good at sorting orders.

• Advertisement
Advertisement