Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - multiple profiles?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a PS4 with a Playstation plus subscription and I have a main profile or user for myself. I somehow created a second user for my son so we could split game saves and such for the same game.

When I try to create a new user for visiting cousins, I get a prompt to join the playstation network or sign in. It looks like when I sign in, I can only have two users...

Can I add multiple users on my PS4?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a PS4 with a Playstation plus subscription and I have a main profile or user for myself. I somehow created a second user for my son so we could split game saves and such for the same game.

When I try to create a new user for visiting cousins, I get a prompt to join the playstation network or sign in. It looks like when I sign in, I can only have two users...

Can I add multiple users on my PS4?

Thanks

Yes you can have multiple users on your console. If the cousins have a playstation account then sign in, if not then create a new playstation account for them. Your account is the master account so if you have PS Plus then so does the son and cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yes you can have multiple users on your console. If the cousins have a playstation account then sign in, if not then create a new playstation account for them. Your account is the master account so if you have PS Plus then so does the son and cousins.

Thanks for quick reply. It seems odd that a new playstation account needs to be created to a user on the system. So they will need to enter all personal details, email verification etc just to create a user profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can permanently store your user details on the PS4, or use the system as a Guest. Guest account data is deleted upon logout. A PS4 can support 16 user profiles.

You can permanently store your user details on the PS4, or use the system as a Guest. Guest account data is deleted upon logout. A PS4 can support 16 user profiles.

But to clarify, I need to signup and fill in an application for each user profile?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

sticker wrote: »
    But to clarify, I need to signup and fill in an application for each user profile?

Yes if you want to use the account over and over :)

• Advertisement

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Yes if you want to use the account over and over :)

OK thanks for the help.

Advertisement