Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp monitor with alarm?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My lovely 6970 died on me a few weeks back, literally shot flames out of the board, must have been a blown cap?

Anyway I was thinking that maybe a temp monitor might have saved me a new card. I was mid game session so I've no idea how hot the card was and for how long. I'm also thinking that the thermal pads must have given way too because I did install a third party cooler a few years back on it and I never trusted the yokes.

TLDR: I want my gtx 970 to shut off / power down or throw a warning if it gets up into the 80-90's range.

Any help or tips would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Real temp has an alarm for cpu and gpu.It can be set to whatever temp you like.
    I dont think you can use it to shut down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

33480C967312477095DF4DDF3BF1BBF8-0000355618-0003776429-00800L-461815DB49B4479C9649C75DADF9B9E2.png
    Core temp lets you do it for cpu temps

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Maybe just get a better case or fans? Your fan profile shouldnt allow it burn itself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

I was under the belief that gpus, like cpus have throttling features that cause them to drop performance to prevent overheating ? Id say your failure was a freak occurance and was unavoidable.

Advertisement