Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is it not cross platform with Steam?

It is but i don't think you can join/invite people into your matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Cross match play is done by setting up a private match with name and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Anyone up for co op today on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Came off this for a few months. Came back. Went on a 12 game losimg streak. It's like I have forgotten how to play.

Made a ruin of my ranking

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Made a ruin of my ranking

Play the winter hockey mod non-stop. Then go back tothe normal game and it'll seem like everything is happening in slow motion.

• Advertisement

Be wary hockey is a very different game. Playing it really screws up my sense of timing. Tis fun though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I dont know. I mean i rarely used to factor wall driving into my games but the hockey has helped me improve that aspect of my game. I've been hitting a few shots and passes of the side of the wall recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

I'm half back to form now. Got 4 wins from my last 5. Could be that I've fallen so low in the rankings though that the opponents are just ****e.

Played my first game of hockey...crazy happenings.

Would love a tennis version. Where you need to boost it over a net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Scored two beauties yesterday if I say so myself. :D

Post your replays lads if you have any! Love looking at any kind of highlights of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Pretty pround of this, a bit lucky to say the least but I'll take it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Excellent save.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Any of ye guys fancy helping me get a trophy in rocket league, just need to add you as a friend on ps4 and add you to a game, will only take a few mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I think the Rocket League community has become worse than what I remember of the Call of Duty community at this stage. So many games just end up in a name calling mess.

What a save, wow, OMG etc. are almost exclusively used sarcastically either to annoy opposition or blame a teammate. The impatience and the need to blame everyone but themselves is infuriating.

I had one guy berate me earlier for not defending after he blasted a ball into our own goal in an attempt to clear, it would have been a great goal if it was in the other end but yeah, it was my fault.
    Just now I had a teammate wanting to forfeit under 10 seconds into the game because I didn't score from his cross. It was over hit and I actually did really well to get it anywhere near the goal. We went on to win the game comfortably and I more than tripled his score.

This kind of thing is every day, kind of ruins an otherwise great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't bother aging anymore. It was the same with sarpbc. You'd have french and German kids tuning every other game. Its a game for friends now don't bother with ranked or unranked due to the community. I used to go on the sarpbc forum a fair bit back a few years ago, have a fairly high post count on there too.

I just mute any player that is toxic, regardless of team they're on. As for the "what a save" and "nice shot" sarcasm that's a three strikes and the person is muted. Context depending.

There are some excellent people to play with. Some games can be ridiculously intense and exciting. That's why I'm still playing. It's weird though solo standard with randomners is generally worse than standard with random people despite the fact that the latter is much much harder when it's you and a random pair or individuals vs an actual team. Solo standard is littered more with ball chasers and idiots that blame you for not hitting the ball. Sometimes hitting the ball can be stupidest thing to do, especially if there's no obvious "good" hit available.

Yeah the community is by far the worst aspect of this game - and strangely its best. Catch 22 of playing rocket league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I haven't really noticed anything like that really. Mostly play ranked 2v2 or 3v3.

Has anyone managed to play on the new arena? I haven't played a match in it once!

Wasteland isn't in ranked playlists.You only get it in standard mode on occasions. Just as well too as the map is terribly optimised.

So Wasteland is now appearing in ranked matches. Not happy with that.

I've heard a lot of people whinging about wasteland being in ranked. I mean the skilled players will be able to adapt their game. The people who are whining over playing in a slightly differently shaped arena probably arent as good as they think they are.

I've heard a lot of people whinging about wasteland being in ranked. I mean the skilled players will be able to adapt their game. The people who are whining over playing in a slightly differently shaped arena probably arent as good as they think they are.

Don't be so ridiculous. You could make that argument for the square ball or any of the other mods.
    It's a crap stadium, I played it once when it came out and didn't bother with it again. Whining about somethings doesn't mean you're not good enough :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It does to be honest. You should be able to adapt to a slightly different pitch. Game is still the exact same.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It does to be honest. You should be able to adapt to a slightly different pitch. Game is still the exact same.

Yeah, you should be able to adapt to a square ball too, why not throw that in?
    I can play Wasteland, I just don't like it, what are you struggling to understand here?
    What if they put the ice hockey in? Or the new ridiculous stadiums with 2 goals at each end or back to back goals?

It's not ridiculous. There was a stadium like that in the old game and it was brilliant. You can not like something, absolutely fine. But I think it's a great idea putting it in ranked, evens the playing field ever so slightly.

It's not ridiculous. There was a stadium like that in the old game and it was brilliant. You can not like something, absolutely fine. But I think it's a great idea putting it in ranked, evens the playing field ever so slightly.

What do you mean it evens the playing field? Does this imply good players will be at a disadvantage?

Prior to this update wasteland was completely unplayable for me. It seems a nice map. More emphasis is put on ground game and defending shots than aerial attacks. (Or at least that was the case in the games I played!) I like the idea of having maps that play to various attributes.

The coolest thing about rocket league is the different variety to players' playstyles. Depending on who you play with and against you may have to alter your own game too. Naturally it seems most players want to be doing the Kuxir or Kronovi flashy solo aerial and stuff but the game actually caters for a blend of multiple styles. Hopefully, the addition of more maps with various attributes will help grow that variety even further.

Ok then, let's just leave it at that. You like it, I don't.
    Instead of I don't like it because I'm not good enough.

Don't be so ridiculous. You could make that argument for the square ball or any of the other mods.
    It's a crap stadium, I played it once when it came out and didn't bother with it again. Whining about somethings doesn't mean you're not good enough :rolleyes:

That wasnt directly aimed at you so sorry if it seemed that way. I appreciate people dont like it but ive seen people complaining about it because they have to adapt their game and those are the less skilled players. If a slightly altered pitch throws someone off their game then they're relying more on memorising the pitch than their ability. I think a bit of variation is helpful for improvement.

I know with the ice hockey it helped me improve my ability on the walls and taking wall shots.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

People have found a workaround (on PC anyway), deleting wasteland stops your client searching for 'wasteland' ranked maps :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Played the update for a fair while yesterday. The new maps are weird. Kinda fun though but take a while to get used to.
    Played some solo ranked as well and got out of unranked into 6/12 I think. I have no idea what that even means.

I actually don't mind wasteland. It was so rare to appear while playing Chaos that I'm happy to have it appear in ranked every now and then. That said - they need to mess with the rotation a bit. A few times I'd end up playing it two or three times in a row which got annoying.
    Probably just luck of the draw though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Advertisement