Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This is only e7.80 on xb1 from Russia. Or just e3.90 each if you game share :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Wasteland seems to show up annoyingly often. I don't mind the map but I would prefer to see it less frequently.

Two things I observed:
    Since wasteland has a gradient your flips/dodges are prone to clipping the ground. Don't fast dodge. Time the time between the first jump and dodge so you don't clip. Only in the center of field can you dodge as fast as you can.

Also, never try a quick turn against the gradient, use gravity to help you turn quicker. Time and again I've noticed people try to turn their car going up hill. It's far far faster to use the "downwards" slopes to turn the car. If you need to do an upwards one be prepared to use far more boost to quickly correct the drift. (And by that I mean almost 50 boost!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Forgot I uploaded this save a while back. Believe it or not but I actually kinda meant it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why cut it so short? Did they score anyway or something?

Decent save though, a lot of luck.

The timer hit zero.

It's not really pure luck if you intend something to happen though is it? Yes, you can be lucky with a sweet hit/contact/block but if your intention is the correct one I'd hesitate to classify it as luck.

• Advertisement

I'll see all your impressive saves and raise you my supremely awesome double save in overtime. :)

https://gfycat.com/InstructiveCleverAmericanwigeon

Spoiler: Not that awesome.

Turtwig wrote: »
    I'll see all your impressive saves and raise you my supremely awesome double save in overtime. :)

OMG! WOW WOW!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Of course it can be luck, the opponent hadn't even hit the ball yet, you can't know where exactly he's going to place it. It's very good judgement, but it required luck to pull it off.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looking forward to finally getting to play this when it hits xbox next week.

Are there private lobbies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Looking forward to finally getting to play this when it hits xbox next week.

Are there private lobbies?

Yup, you can arrange private matches, and party up as well to be on the same team as friends.

• Advertisement

Apparently Xbox players won't be able to play with PC or PS4 players though. :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently Xbox players won't be able to play with PC or PS4 players though. :(

I figured PS4 would be a no no but was hoping crossplay with PC would have been included.

Very funny! I see you were on the case with the quick chat "Sorry" straight away ☺

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I figured PS4 would be a no no but was hoping crossplay with PC would have been included.

I'm guessing that would be too fragmented to go ahead on. The servers would have a lot of extra work by trying to decide if a player should crossplay with Xbox or PS4 players.

The best way to solve it would be crossplay for all but I guess Sony and MS don't get on well enough for that to happen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

People have found a workaround (on PC anyway), deleting wasteland stops your client searching for 'wasteland' ranked maps :S

Don't do this, Psyonix are going to be actively banning people in ranked games who do this from this evening onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Don't do this, Psyonix are going to be actively banning people in ranked games who do this from this evening onwards.

Really don't understand all the who in about wasteland being added to the ranked playlist, hadn't really played it until meow and actually enjoy the small change of pace, honestly thought it's hardly a big enough difference from the normal maps that people should be this worked up over it

...and we are LIVE on XB1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Can they play PC/PS4 lads too?

Can organise Pc vs PS4 via private match......didnt know that until yesterday :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Can they play PC/PS4 lads too?

Can organise Pc vs PS4 via private match......didnt know that until yesterday :)

Nah no crossplay on XB1 for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'll pick this up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just picked it up, had a quick go this morning before work, I could get into this. :pac:

GT below, feel free to add me, will probably give it a good blast over the weekend.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Just picked it up, had a quick go this morning before work, I could get into this. :pac:

GT below, feel free to add me, will probably give it a good blast over the weekend.
    The Division beta forbids you...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The Division beta forbids you...

I don't have access to that (unless its an open beta).

It's open yeah, after an hour of Rocket League there though I'm pretty sure you'll have more fun playing it over Th Division :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

You can throw all your other XBox games in the bin now lads. This will take over your console.

It is open this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Just got it there. Never played but have heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

At this stage its been so hyped, I dunno can it possibly meet all my expectations :)

its funny on twitter, a few game journos on twitter are having a right laugh at the skill level on xbox, they're winning all round them having gotten familiar with the ps4 version.

At this stage its been so hyped, I dunno can it possibly meet all my expectations :)

its funny on twitter, a few game journos on twitter are having a right laugh at the skill level on xbox, they're winning all round them having gotten familiar with the ps4 version.
    Ah well, PS4 users can be better at Rocket League since XB1 users are best at every FPS :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Ah well, PS4 users can be better at Rocket League since XB1 users are best at every FPS :pac:

Ah the old Xbox exclusive, eye to hand coordination boost DLC.

Advertisement