Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Losing 5-0 and I was still having a laugh.

If it was Fifa, I'd be dangerously close to putting the controller through the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Kind of wish they added maps that actually make a difference in how you play... It seems every map is basically the same?...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Kind of wish they added maps that actually make a difference in how you play... It seems every map is basically the same?...
    there's different maps? I didn't even notice!

iamtony wrote: »
    there's different maps? I didn't even notice!

I don't think the maps are different, they seem to all be the same just the behind the cages changes... There was multiple different maps on SSARPBC though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Loved sarpbc, still played it up till lately. Played the beta which was solid. Great to see people getting behind the game. The learning curve is steep, but its worth it if you keep at it.

Very interested in having a few games with people of anyone's interested in the near future,still waiting on my wifi to be set up by the great service that is Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

I was in a few online matches there for the first time but kicked out again. Positive sign maybe.

Their latest tweet:
    UPDATE, 3:58 PM PT - Stress Testing Continues. Matchmaking still slow, but currently 88,000 plus concurrents. Looks promising... #DontJinxIt

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

I'd say the reason for this is because they're setting the game up as an e-sport, so standardised pitches make sense.

I'd say the reason for this is because they're setting the game up as an e-sport, so standardised pitches make sense.

I suppose but still doesn't mean you have 1 map, esports should require you to be goot at multiple maps therefore you don't have a clean advantage by just being so good at this map rather than having to play multiple maps...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I suppose but still doesn't mean you have 1 map, esports should require you to be goot at multiple maps therefore you don't have a clean advantage by just being so good at this map rather than having to play multiple maps...

Thats generally not what happens though. They just end up softbanning all the other stages and play on the same one over and over. Final destination, Training stage, etc. There is the odd exception here and there but generally thats what happens.

Kirby wrote: »
    Thats generally not what happens though. They just end up softbanning all the other stages and play on the same one over and over. Final destination, Training stage, etc. There is the odd exception here and there but generally thats what happens.

I suppose I shouldn't be comparing it to the likes of CS:GO then which is one of the only games I know from esports (and dota etc) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Online seems to be working fine for me now. Except my stats from online, like goals scored, distance traveled etc. doesn't seem to be getting added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Finally had a few online games, great craic. Got to play shredded loops in a dual as well. I'm crap and got well beaten but enjoyed it, would love to play with 5 or 6 from here with headsets, would be class.

Hopefully when the servers settle down we can organise a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Finally had a few online games, great craic. Got to play shredded loops in a dual as well. I'm crap and got well beaten but enjoyed it, would love to play with 5 or 6 from here with headsets, would be class.

Had me first online game last night got whipped ha! Add me there lads if your up for a few games

PSN - GUINNESS_DUMP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

jesus that looks deadly. doubt my pc will be good enough for it, runnin on a geforce 8800 gt from years ago...

I'd be interested in running a boards tournament for this when the servers settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Is there any difference in tyre or car type or is it all just cosmetic

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

RossieMan wrote: »
    I'd be interested in running a boards tournament for this when the servers settle down.

That would be awesome. I'm currently destroying in 3v3 ranked matches. Would be cool to have some good, consistent team mates.

We set up a PS4 chat group for getting games together?

In any case, whoever I'm not friends with, add me PSN: Shreddedloops

Duel really doesn't bring out the best in this game. Good to know it works though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Had been looking forward to this game since the beta, I've put an unhealthy amount of hours into it already.

Would definitely be up for playing with some boardsies. PSN is IsMiseOzz

Will be on later and will add some of you, not posting my username which will become obvious when I add you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Great craic, add me if anyone wants to play co-op doubles or standard. Same on psn as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is there any difference in tyre or car type or is it all just cosmetic

Slight differences in the way the car hits the ball.

I find the lower cars and the more pointy front end shaped cars have better control with the ball for shots and dribbling.

The more boxy shaped cars hit the ball a bit better and can bully others and block shots a little easier.

Not much between them though. They are all the same speed wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

playing too psn: superdigzi

When they sort out the lag, it'll be as good as the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Add me guys, looking to form a team or just some matchs, psn phoniexknight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Got it there this evening, a couple hours online and I couldnt hit the ball for love nor money. Scored maybe 1 or 2 goals, it is satisfying but 99% of the time I was missing everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Got it there this evening, a couple hours online and I couldnt hit the ball for love nor money. Scored maybe 1 or 2 goals, it is satisfying but 99% of the time I was missing everything.

Do the tutorials, they'll give you an idea what to do. You'll get the hang of it through practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

It's not easy, I'm averaging a goal every other game online I'd say but it's tough. Some of the higher level players on YouTube are amazing.

Had a few games with a couple of boardsies yesterday, will be on during the week for a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

It's not easy, I'm averaging a goal every other game online I'd say but it's tough. Some of the higher level players on YouTube are amazing.

I was like that starting off, scoring plenty now that I've got the practice in. It's all about timing the jump and then the flip.

The part I struggle with is when the ball is dropping down from the sky and the camera focuses on it instead of the marker on the ground which would be a much better indicator, it's nigh on impossible to judge it right the way it is.

Advertisement