Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

MarkY91 wrote: »
    300km to be driven for my last trophy. I'm on 18km atm having never changed wheels and played over 60 games...lol

I hear once you reach about 75KM driven with same wheels you unlock the trophy, not the 500 KM which is absolutely ridiculous... Think I had 24 KM driven and the servers where broke when I was playing so I have barely played since... Not sure if they patched that trophy yet though..

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Capajoma

Anyone up for a game or wanna do some team games? My psn is capajoma

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Add me if youre up for a game anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Just installed the game tonight and love it, if anyone wants to add me my ign is Darkglasses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

So whats everyones preference with the camera angle? Ball cam or not? Vary between the two myself, usually have ball cam on all the time but have been struggling the last few days big time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So whats everyones preference with the camera angle? Ball cam or not? Vary between the two myself, usually have ball cam on all the time but have been struggling the last few days big time..

Yeah I switched to ballcam a while ago and it's great for the most part, but trying to side or back jump gets thrown off because I always point the stick in the direction of the ball, rather than the direction of the ball in relation to the car. Plus I mis-time a lot of close-up jumps with ballcam on.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Anyone interested in playing, add cottser1996 and I will give you a game pf Rocket league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I was going with the car cam, just because it felt more natural, but was wondering if I was at a disadvantage at times, losing track of the ball. I'm gonna stick with it for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

padraig_f wrote: »
    I was going with the car cam, just because it felt more natural, but was wondering if I was at a disadvantage at times, losing track of the ball. I'm gonna stick with it for the moment.

I use car cam too, I never stop losing track of the ball, but I'm used to it now and I was even worse when I used ball cam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I had my camera up high thinking I'd be able to see more around me so it would be better, but I'm after lowering it right down so I can judge height better.

Use ball cam almost exclusively, directional accuracy is sacrificed for better positioning for imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I use ball cam exclusively, my positional awareness is fine but it can be annoying when you can't see the other cars coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Whats the secret to being able to play unranked matchmaking with friends locally on PS4.

Ive read conflicting reports that only the main account needs PS+ but then whenever we try a guest account or new profile it says we need to be logged in to PSN, do we really need to create a PSN account for each guest user we wanna play unranked matchmaking with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Holding a 97% win ratio. Granted I've only played 67 games. The lag in ranked matches is a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

If anyone wants to support the developer, a PS4 Rocket League theme has been released for 1.99 euro.

Will be on later for a few games if anyone fancies a few matches. Prefer playing people I've heard of rather than randomers in ranked.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Great craic, reminds me of old ps1 demo games for some reason. Finding it difficult to be any good at it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

played 4v4 all in comms tonight.

This is the ultimate drinking game, its ****ing brilliant and hiliarous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

People that know when to get out of the way and not go for every single ball are a godsend in this game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finally got a hold of this today myself, long way to go to get some skillz, but it became immediately obvious that chasing after every single ball is an exercise in muppettry and that someone needs to hang back to try and keep stray balls outta your net.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shiminay wrote: »
    Finally got a hold of this today myself, long way to go to get some skillz, but it became immediately obvious that chasing after every single ball is an exercise in muppettry and that someone needs to hang back to try and keep stray balls outta your net.

Fly goalie and the 2 outfield players pick a side of the pitch to stay in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Was involved in an incredibly close match last night, here are 2 of the highlights. Im sure this may happen regularly but I'm not great at this game so this was my most epic game so far.

Two types of players I hate: those who have to watch every replay through to the end even when they didn't score it, and players who don't press ready and leave it for the full 50 seconds or whatever for the next match to start.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Two types of players I hate: those who have to watch every replay through to the end even when they didn't score it, and players who don't press ready and leave it for the full 50 seconds or whatever for the next match to start.

I agree on the replay but have you tried squeezing a piss in between games :pac: It's only 1 minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Went on a 4 hour session earlier got to skill level about 530 on 2v2, it's awesome when you make saves that are incredible... I think 2v2 is best, not a fan of my team mate pushing forward when he spawns at goals though...

I agree on the replay but have you tried squeezing a piss in between games :pac: It's only 1 minute.

If you're not willing to hook yourself up to a catheter, I wouldn't want to play with you anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

How the hell do you make aerial saves? My car just wont jump high enough lol

I've been trying to work on my aerial skills a lot too, but I always miss time my jumps, I guess it will come with practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

A nice aerial goal practically from tip off.

Have any of you come across those gobshítes that just spend their time trying to blow everybody up?

Some people give up trying to learn because the learning curve is so tough .

• Advertisement

I was playing last night and there was this clown typing stupid things in the chatbox, "noobs go boom" and other such nonsense. He finished every game with zero points.
    All he did was collect boosts and whizz around trying to blow people up. He couldn't for the life of himself get me, kept an eye on him and hopped over him every time, nailed him a few times myself and he eventually pissed off :)

Advertisement