Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I was playing last night and there was this clown typing stupid things in the chatbox, "noobs go boom" and other such nonsense. He finished every game with zero points.
    All he did was collect boosts and whizz around trying to blow people up. He couldn't for the life of himself get me, kept an eye on him and hopped over him every time, nailed him a few times myself and he eventually pissed off :)

Mite be same fella or another ape but everytine somebody scored he typed 'gay'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Mite be same fella or another ape but everytine somebody scored he typed 'gay'.

That chatbox is the worst thing about the game, kids these days are just sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

where would you find the time to be typing text anyway!

i think theres a trophy for nailing people though, think you need 7 in one match!

phobia2011 wrote: »
    where would you find the time to be typing text anyway!

In between games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

In between games.

or goals..

also no trophy for nailing people.. i hate when your team mates hit you for no reason..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Cant wait till we get the patch that penalizes people who quit on ranked matches.

Also, I think the skill ranking system should be changed.

I've been in plenty of games with people who are a "Pro", but only know how to ball chase and poach goals.
    Worst people to have on your team, I've actually had better games in 2v2 when the crap teammate quits and leave you playing 2v1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

There is a trophy for blowing people up. Don't know how you'd get 7/8 in a game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

almost scored a full pitch reverse goal! The timer went out just as it was crossing the line. Just started reversing towards opponents goal with the ball and something weird just clicked in my head briefly like neo 'I know kung fu'. Went around the two defending players and back-flipped-hit it into goal from close range.

****ing mad stuff it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

phobia2011 wrote: »
    i think theres a trophy for nailing people though, think you need 7 in one match!
    RossieMan wrote: »
    There is a trophy for blowing people up. Don't know how you'd get 7/8 in a game though.

There's no trophy for blowing people up surprisingly. I got platinum on it last week and never saw one.

This Far Far Away trophy really is ridiculous, although currently glitched at random numbers reached like 50-80KM getting to 500KM when this is patched is just outrageous.. Hopefully I can reach the plat before it gets patched currently on about 50KM on a set of wheels in SP only, taught the MP would count too but turns out it doesn't...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I think its unfair to bash people for blowing others up. Its a legit tactic that is needed at times, especially if there is a keeper that saving almost every shot. I havent seen anyone doing it all game long though. Even if they dont blow you up, the bump is enough to knock the cars off a bit which can be very useful.

Also, well worth watching camgears on twitch(aka kronovi). Picked up a good bit from watching him.

I think its unfair to bash people for blowing others up. Its a legit tactic that is needed at times, especially if there is a keeper that saving almost every shot. I havent seen anyone doing it all game long though. Even if they dont blow you up, the bump is enough to knock the cars off a bit which can be very useful.

Also, well worth watching camgears on twitch(aka kronovi). Picked up a good bit from watching him.

I've absolutely no problem with blowing someone up, it's just that there are some players who set out to do it from the start of a match to the end. I've come across it at least 5 times and most of those times the player was on my team as good as leaving us a man short.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Supersonic Fury DLC Pack for Rocket League will launch next month and includes two brand new cars, “the over-the-top American muscle car, Dominus, and the souped-up Japanese street racer, Takumi.”
    The DLC also includes the new “Nitrous” and “Burnout” boosts, two wheel sets, five paint types and a some new trophies. The pack will be priced at a very reasonable €3.99.

The free DLC includes in the leaked Utopia Coliseum, more than 70 new country flags, and the spectator mode.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/07/30/details-of-next-months-rocket-league-paid-and-free-dlc-have-arrived/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I have no problem giving these guys a bit of money. Such a fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dlc will always be free with psyonix.

I guess not

Cormac... wrote: »
    I guess not

Ah come on. I think it's safe to assume when he was talking about dlc, it was regarding game features or things that would give another player an advantage.

The chargeable dlc is purely cosmetic.

I would much rather pay 3.99 for new maps that make a difference to how you play... If they added all the maps for SARPBC I would gladly pay at least 4.99 for them... With this DLC I wonder will they add a few trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Yep, there's gonna be some new trophies.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/07/30/new-rocket-league-maps-vehicles-game-modes-and-trophies-coming-in-august/

Pretty sure Psyonix said that new arenas/maps will always be free.
    It's just car and accessory packs that you'll have to pay for.

I would much rather pay 3.99 for new maps that make a difference to how you play... If they added all the maps for SARPBC I would gladly pay at least 4.99 for them... With this DLC I wonder will they add a few trophies?

You're getting a new map for free.

The look of the cars don't appeal to me. They've always said theyll never give an advantage for money. They have changed there policy on dlc though,they did say it would always be free. Think it was jerad who said it a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The look of the cars don't appeal to me. They've always said theyll never give an advantage for money. They have changed there policy on dlc though,they did say it would always be free. Think it was jerad who said it a few years back.

If the extra money helps them get better servers, I'm all for it

tok9 wrote: »
    You're getting a new map for free.

The maps add no difference in the gameplay from what I can see anyways, unless the boost pads just move in each map... The only thing new maps seem to provide is a different outside look of the arena... I want some variety in maps...

But since there is trophies in the Car DLC I guess I will be picking it up...

if Utopia is anything like the first game, its a very different look.

Not one for the more precision/skillful players of the game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Happy to give the team some money after getting such a fantastic game for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

if Utopia is anything like the first game, its a very different look.

Not one for the more precision/skillful players of the game ;)

Two images of it
    CLHEetcUYAA-crS.jpg:large

CK99SCJUEAAUMY5.jpg:large

And for the dome part:
    The material used on the side walls and the roof of the dome uses a material technique to fade it out as you get further away from it, thus making it slowly fade in as you get closer to it. This way you don't end up with a mess of visual information from a distance and only really see the dome when you need to - when you're trying to drive on/interact with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Happy to give the team some money after getting such a fantastic game for free.

Exactly my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

lot of lag on the servers lately, anyone noticing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

lot of lag on the servers lately, anyone noticing this?

Some problems last night alright, I couldn't get on around 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Just saw this....Rocket League Europe Cup:

http://play.eslgaming.com/rocketleague/europe

I presume anyone can enter. Anyone interested in forming a team?

I'm no expert, just ok, but kind of interested in playing with some regular teammates instead of randomers online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Bought this today, can see a lot of time being sunk into it! Very satisfying when you score a nice goal.

Advertisement