Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is anyone having connection issues this evening. I was in a ranked game, winning 4-0 and with a minute left i got kicked. Happened twice today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Join a 2v2 ranked game turns out only 3 of us connected and it puts me into a 2v1 match instead... Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Lag was terrible last night for a few hours.

Would really like a few Co op games with someone who understands how to play ya can get some shocking partners in this ha

• Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

KevMunster is my ps4 name if anyone wants to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

KevMunster is my ps4 name if anyone wants to add me

I'll add you now mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Burkie7 wrote: »
    I'll add you now mate.

NORTH6821 on ps4 looking for regular players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'll be on this evening if anyone wants a few games, looking for some decent players.

They actually made the rank system worse than ever, usually if a player doesn't connect when match starts everyone gets put out of game... Now you have to play with a player down :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Is there any insulting words that don't get filtered out in the chat?
    Some lad on our team last night decided to play for the other team, blocking our shots, bumping us out of the way and scoring own goals :rolleyes:

I called him a ****, *******, ******, ******* and a ******* *******.

Great satisfaction when one of these come off :)

• Advertisement

Decent finish. The ones out the field are more impressive in my opinion. Harder to judge.

NORTH1 wrote: »
    [/YOUTUBE]

Great satisfaction when one of these come off :)

Username looks very familiar, have we crossed paths in ranked games :p ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is there any insulting words that don't get filtered out in the chat?
    Some lad on our team last night decided to play for the other team, blocking our shots, bumping us out of the way and scoring own goals :rolleyes:

I called him a ****, *******, ******, ******* and a ******* *******.

I've done that before. About 30 seconds into a match one of my teammates started typing that I sucked, repeatedly (to the point where he wasn't moving because he was typing), all because he ran into the back of me while going for a shot and missed the ball, and then I missed saving a goal because it bounced off him and changed direction. So I typed back "4v2 then".

Oh he went f*cking mental... I scored 3 own goals and blocked one of his shots :D

Is there a way to do hosted matches? I'd love to play against other boardies.

Bad Horse wrote: »
    I've done that before. About 30 seconds into a match one of my teammates started typing that I sucked, repeatedly (to the point where he wasn't moving because he was typing), all because he ran into the back of me while going for a shot and missed the ball, and then I missed saving a goal because it bounced off him and changed direction. So I typed back "4v2 then".

Oh he went f*cking mental... I scored 3 own goals and blocked one of his shots :D

Understandable, but this was for no reason at all other than trolling. I thought he was just really bad at first :)
    It's the strictest swear filter I've ever encountered, the word 'idiot' even gets the star treatment.
    I don't usually partake in trash talking but on this occasion I just had to let him know how much of a complete **** he is.

It's kind of understandable. Games don't need to be a facility for you to bash people.

The amount of times I've boosted out of the goal to meet an oncoming ball, and fly by the ball as it rolls into the goal.

I have sorry button worn out.......

It's kind of understandable. Games don't need to be a facility for you to bash people.

Some people NEED bashing!!!

Some people NEED bashing!!!

The most satisfying bash is when the other team has a goalie and you smash it off the side wall, then you go and destroy the goalie I find that to be an awesome tactic and you chill in the nets as the ball rolls in...

While it may annoy some people, if it gets you a goal thats all that matters...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The most satisfying bash is when the other team has a goalie and you smash it off the side wall, then you go and destroy the goalie I find that to be an awesome tactic and you chill in the nets as the ball rolls in...

While it may annoy some people, if it gets you a goal thats all that matters...

Definitely. I've scored some goals that I'm downright ashamed of. But a goal's a goal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I had played this when it first went free and thought it was grand (sp). Went on last night, jumped straight into online.....*insert meme of Tyrone asking for more crack Rocket League*

Then teamed up with Benzino and GodlessM from here, had a great laugh. Won some, lost some but it was great craic. Stayed up well too late, takes the piss with the 'just one more game' statement.

Reading above, I dunno how anyone has time to type anything! The quick chat is genuis.

Also really impressed with how easy it was to create a party, head online and put the 3 of us into a game and kept us there non stop.

It's the little things that make this game so enjoyable. I've thwarted many an opposition attempt to get back to their own goal by expelling a tiny bit of my full boost so as to be able to pick up another full one so they couldn't pick it up :pac:

What I love is when the players from both teams have so much fun that we just keep going. Think the most I had was 4 games in a row with the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What I love is when the players from both teams have so much fun that we just keep going. Think the most I had was 4 games in a row with the same people.

Yeah, we were mostly playing against the same team last night over and over bar a few dropping out. Their rage tears tasted delicious...

It's gas when people rage quit because we went 1 up with 30 seconds left. You could get a ton of goals in 30 seconds!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Juicy432

Anyone up for some 2 vs 2 now? or anything else

I've being playing a lot of ranked games lately, the having to drop out to the main menu and search for a new game after each game is a little annoying, or am I doing something wrong?

1v1 ranked is a rage fest, little mistakes get brutally punished.....

Getting over 1500 points is taking me an age in any of the different teams. 2v2 is my best at the moment but really struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Ah jaysus, this is great craic.

Bought this yesterday and also had to buy a 360 controller. Got into the "one more game" motion and it's now 1 am and my eyes are falling out of my head. So much fun.

30 games down and 76% win rate. Either everyone is drunk or I'm just good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

My 3v3 ranking is falling like a stone, even when I'm doing welland win, it sometimes falls anyway. Weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Advertisement