Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank for day to day running of small business..

Options
  • 07-07-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Hope somebody might have some advice.

Basically I run a small company and the majority of my transactions are:

• Direct Debits
    • Standing orders
    • national transfers in/out - mostly done online

I am currently with AIB business and while I haven't really had any problems/issues, I have an opportunity to move to Ulster bank for 2 years free banking.

Has anybody any experience with Ulster bank and in general does anybody find any specific bank better?

I understand better doesn't necessarily mean cheaper, but from what I can see (shopping around), AIB is the most expensive for business accounts. Bigger flat annual charge (€250) and generally higher regular charges.

When I asked them if they could do any better (quoting cheaper prices from competitors), they basically stated that they felt their service warranted the higher charges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

I use Ulster Bank and have not experienced anything yet that i would be unhappy about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

In the current day of electronic banking, most offer a very similar service.

Where a difference is had is in the relationship and financing your business and having advisors/seminars - AIB have been very good at this recently.

But if you don;lt see any major need for finance, and your banking is fairly standard, then price would probably win out.

Advertisement