Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 Plus screen smashed

Options
  • 07-07-2015 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I smashed my iPhone 6 Plus screen and was wondering where the best but cheapest place to get get it repaired. Most of the places I've looked at are really expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Fonemenders across Patricks bridge from Merchants Quay are the best around imo - it's an iphone 6 plus (a) it's a big screen to replace (b) it's an apple product - never going to be a cheap job

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Anno2

Techmaster on Paul Street. Does it in 30 mins and €130. Not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ryboxbl

Anno2 wrote: »
    Techmaster on Paul Street. Does it in 30 mins and €130. Not too bad!

€130 for iPhone 6 Plus? Are you sure? That's decent

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Your best option would be through Apple directly. They charge €141.30 and it won't void your warranty.

https:// support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=Ireland&product=iphone

retweet wrote: »
    Your best option would be through Apple directly. They charge €141.30 and it won't void your warranty.

If you think €130 is decent then go down this avenue instead I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ryboxbl

retweet wrote: »

Yeah but there's no Apple Store in cork? Would I have to send it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's a guy upstairs over a gallery /framer on Grand Parade (opposite library) who I found to be very good. Reliable and honest.

ryboxbl wrote: »
    CompuB in the city centre - Opera Lane have repaired Apple stuff for my workplace & it was covered by warranty - screen damage will cost but it should be in line with Apple support I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

ryboxbl wrote: »

Very quick though 2 days either side by courier.

Many of the AASPs will just send it off anyway as they don't repair iPhones in house.

Advertisement