Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor hire

Options
  • 07-07-2015 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that has tractors to hire. We have a job that requires another tractor around 120 hp for a week in the midlands area.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,568 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Main dealers hire out machines. No idea of cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

younglexus wrote: »
    Was wondering if anyone knows anywhere that has tractors to hire. We have a job that requires another tractor around 120 hp for a week in the midlands area.

Flynn's outside mullingar will hire out masseys or fendts

• Registered Users Posts: 5 younglexus

Cheers for the replies lads. I tried Flynns and they don't do it and tried shaw new holland dealers and they will do it but all of there tractors are hired out for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,447 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

younglexus wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies lads. I tried Flynns and they don't do it and tried shaw new holland dealers and they will do it but all of there tractors are hired out for the summer.

Flynn's did it last year. Interesting

interesting indeed. The person i was speaking to made it seem like it would be a lot of work for them so maybe that's why they stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Last time I hired a tractor was from an ex john deere dealer in headford. I told them I needed it for the day to pick up a low loader in sligo. I was told I'd be putting "massive hrs on it". Where I come from I tend to do an 8-10 hr day (12 at a push) and there's only 24 hrs in any day lol.

Needless to say I didn't go back to them again. Another lad needed a tractor for baling few weeks later and was told to buy it if he wants it.

Yeah i reckon a lot of lads used to offer it with the hope that you would buy the tractor at some point.

Advertisement