Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some advice on accommodation in Midlands

Options
  • 07-07-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys :)

I'm moving over to Ireland this coming Sunday and starting a new job in Longford Town on the Monday.

I've looked on Daft.ie and there's pretty much nothing there that hasn't already been taken.

Does anyone have any advice on how to find something? I'm up for either a house share or renting a house or apartment on my own. I don't drive though, so would have to be within walking distance of the Town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Firstly, you need to sort yourself some hotel or B&B accommodation for a while first, as you're not going to find anywhere before Sunday.

daft.ie, local estate agents (phone them, some older ones are terrible at email) and notice boards in shops in the town itself are usually the three main options.

Be prepared to have to give a hefty deposit as someone with no renting history in Ireland and presumably no work reference beyond "Barbaro has started working here and will be paid".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Daft is not always the best for small rural towns. As stated local noticeboards, local agents, newspapers etc might work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Im working in longford, we have a few house rental notices on our notice boards in work. What would your budget be?

Also try these guys:

http://www.longfordletting.ie/

http://www.chazeyproperties.ie/

Have used both and were great to deal with.

Also depending on where you are going to work then they may have house shares etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭baldbear

I was told previously that Abbeycarton,bo dearg, white linen woods,or Clonbalt woods are nice areas to live and to stay away from the town itself.

Maybe as a previous poster said chance a b&b for a few days and suss out a nice house. Dublin rd Longford has a few b&bs as far as I can remember.

Sancian house looks grand. I have no connection. Good luck.

Advertisement