Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Probably best waiting to see how they look in game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lukker- wrote: »
    There is more bad models in there then good models, wtf?

You'd think they'd be able to model players properly, considering how well Fifa do it. The Fifa team don't even use artists to model the heads, they take 3D scans to achieve 1:1 realism. Fairly pathetic in 2016 really.

To be fair, the system they use to create fighter heads must be radically different to FIFA, because their engine means those heads will be bloodied and deformed in-game, where no such feature exists in FIFA, so the sculpting process has to be completely unique I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Graphics aren't the most important thing, and I know those are still shots and may not be truly representative of how they look in game - but some of those look shocking, and a huge step back from the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The only question I have about the roster is if Ais made it in. With 250+, that's an average of 25 fighters per division. I know Ais isn't ranked but surely she is top 25. Not counting the TUF Finale, Herrig (who is ranked 14th) is 0-1 in the UFC. At least Ais has a win.

Would be class if Pendred made it. I know he's not in it but Montano even made the cut who lost to Cathal and is still on his 1 year suspension. I'm sure Cathal would be listed under the Legends section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The only question I have about the roster is if Ais made it in. With 250+, that's an average of 25 fighters per division. I know Ais isn't ranked but surely she is top 25. Not counting the TUF Finale, Herrig (who is ranked 14th) is 0-1 in the UFC. At least Ais has a win.

Would be class if Pendred made it. I know he's not in it but Montano even made the cut who lost to Cathal and is still on his 1 year suspension. I'm sure Cathal would be listed under the Legends section.

Should riot if theres no 2tap!!

• Advertisement

Should riot if theres no 2tap!!

Jaysus yeah forgot aul Neil. I asked a couple of the devs if Ais or Neil made the cut but they're all keeping shtum. Should find out today anyway I spose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Neill told me he doesn't think he's in the game when I asked him, I would assume ea would have to contact them in some form or they would be notified and he hasn't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

ASOT wrote: »
    Neill told me he doesn't think he's in the game when I asked him, I would assume ea would have to contact them in some form or they would be notified and he hasn't heard anything.

I actually doubt it.

UFC would have all contracted fighters image rights for UFC related products and promotional purposes.

I doubt they are in contact with every fighter in the game, too much hassle. In reality they probably only worked with about 10 fighters who they will use to actively promote the game, Conor, Ronda etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lukker- wrote: »
    I actually doubt it.

UFC would have all contracted fighters image rights for UFC related products and promotional purposes.

I doubt they are in contact with every fighter in the game, too much hassle. In reality they probably only worked with about 10 fighters who they will use to actively promote the game, Conor, Ronda etc.

Well fifa got in contact with the majority of my mates who have been in the game l, all received a free copy also. So if it happens on that scale I'd imagine they would let the fighters know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ah here :pac:

qfSQMWD.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No Smolka or Sage either. Mad that Hooligan is a "featured fighter" (whatever that means) and Smolka isn't even in it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

stephenl15 wrote: »
    No Smolka or Sage either. Mad that Hooligan is a "featured fighter" (whatever that means) and Smolka isn't even in it??

Sage is arriving in the first update. Agree regarding Smolka

I heard if you try to load up a fight involving Bryan Caraway, the game crashes every time.

Ridiculous roster, Conor isn't even in WW :) . they really didn't favour the lower weights. I guess they go by stats on from the last game and spose they were the last used.

Ais looking good

378789.PNG

Bec looks scarily like Rory :eek:
    378791.PNG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

But at least they got Bruce Lee spot on.

I think that site is just a bit weird. Some people look completely spot on while others looks like cartoon characters. In game models should look a lot better.

• Advertisement

Looks like a handy enough platinum of the surface of it, but winning the belt online could be tricky.

Yeah the ultimate team levels might be a bit grindy as well. Hate the online trophies but they look way better than ones in the first game. I wonder what the 189 intro scenario is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

McGregor looks garbage in that walk out preview they released

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/704021673624760320

Wish they would have put in the Irish flag, looks weird without it. Ah will be skipping walkouts after seeing them once anyway. I guess they couldn't get any Biggie tracks and went with deedlie-eye music instead. The Ole Ole's were class though.

A guy who played it in London yesterday said he noticed Conor was rated 94 at FW. Jones is 94, CM Punk is 82. Joanna with 98 standup is gonna be spam city at straweight online.
    Overalls (all from memory so may be slightly off, but I'm fairly confident most are correct)
    Derrick Lewis 85/86
    Roy Nelson 89
    OSP 89
    Manuwa 89
    Latifi 85
    Jones 95
    El Cucuy 89/90
    Doo Ho Choi 90
    CM PUNK 82
    Conor 94 at FW, didn't look at him at LW
    Joanna 93-94 with 98 standup
    RDA 94
    Ronda 92
    Holm 93/94
    Aldo 93
    Barboza 89

Rating reveals staring tomorrow too!

Conor has 99 standup 'No one can take that left hand joe, not with my 99 stat'

12804695_950519901696441_1911707498665068023_n.jpg?oh=794cc9c76850a68dbe790b98147407a2&oe=5769ED8E

Hey lads, Ive pre-ordered digital version on PS4, sure when I ordered it said the game would be available to download on the 15th? ANyone back that up or was I dreaming. Have terrible interenet connection so would be great to get it preloaded prior to the 17th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Hey lads, Ive pre-ordered digital version on PS4, sure when I ordered it said the game would be available to download on the 15th? ANyone back that up or was I dreaming. Have terrible interenet connection so would be great to get it preloaded prior to the 17th

When u do a digital pre-order, the game starts to download 48 hours before release do it will be ready to play on release day

Yeah just checked and pre-download starts on the 15th, nice. Not guaranteed with euro releases so I'm glad this made it. Happy Paddy's weekend indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

When u do a digital pre-order, the game starts to download 48 hours before release do it will be ready to play on release day
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah just checked and pre-download starts on the 15th, nice. Not guaranteed with euro releases so I'm glad this made it. Happy Paddy's weekend indeed.

Take all the time you need fellas.

Won't make a damn bit of difference against the champ! :cool:

Advertisement