Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As opposed to ye pre-loading it on the 15th, I'll have it on the 15th. Those two extra days will surely see me annihilate every single one of you on the Irish release date. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Take all the time you need fellas.

Won't make a damn bit of difference against the champ! :cool:

Was crap at the last game, gonna put some serious hours into this one so I cna at least challenge ye haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I heard the Beta is COMPLETELY different than the full game so all my practice won't have any advantage AT ALL. just pointing that out now :)

A nice feature i read about is that in Live Event, you can unlock Ultimate Team packs if you have enough correct picks. The packs can contain specific moves from that event. An example was "Coming up, Say Jones finishes DC with a spinning elbow, we can put a Jones signature +5 spinning elbow in a UT pack as a reward for picking correctly in that live event"

Good to have rewards for using different modes. Also there will be a leaderboard showing correct picks against your friends, just like the fantasy pick league.

Boom, Conor with the best standup in the game. How in the holy shyte is Bones not on that list...

12768242_980862935284896_2049675090454506141_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

They did the tattoos better than his face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

95 Standup for Jones

xtal191 wrote: »
    They did the tattoos better than his face

Yeah its weird how bad his head looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Gunni has 90 stand up. If his ground game is rated properly, he could be an absolute beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Weidman is a strange choice. Wonderboy and Rumble should be rated higher on a stand up list, I had a quick look and they're 95 and 96 so just off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The ratings are a bit of a pain in the arse IMO.

I know it's hard to compare like-for-like, but in other EA Sports games like FIFA, Madden etc there's a noticeable difference in ratings if you're a very good team against a poorer team and vice-versa, but with this there's so little discrepancy in the fighter ratings it doesn't really count for anything.

I hate to bring him up, but CM Punk is rated 85 FFS, only 3 points lower than someone like Gunnar. CM Punk vs someone like Woodley would be an 85 rated fighter against an 88 rated fighter. 3 ranking points is virtually nothing.

• Advertisement

Rockhold 97 stand-up and third best in the game?! They've really lost it so they have, he's not even top 10 in my opinion.

Yupp i wish UFC would feck off and let the devs make the best game, not the best marketing ploy. Page has 90 standup ffs. The ratings are a joke. No one should have a 99 rating. Either no one is going to pick FW online or everyone will pick Conor. Just shyte game design but it's definitely at the hands of UFC brand team. Luke Rockhold is so hot right now.

If Weidman beats Rockhold in the rematch, just watch them switch ratings then. All the champs in the last game had the highest ratings in their divisions IIRC, looks to be the same case again.

I'm amused to see Holm rated higher than Rousey as well, you can tell it hurt them to do that (not that they had a choice).

Yupp but just wait for Ronda's 99 ground game :)

On a different note, I'm very pleased with the size of the roster. Career mode is my thing in every sports game so at least we have plenty more real UFC fighters to match up against, rather than the countless awful CAFs in the previous game. I'll probably go with welterweight and then move up to middleweight when I'm given the chance, that way you get two of the deepest weight divisions and the best stand-up fights.

Agreed plus been given a choice of 3 different fighters to take on will be a nice change and keep fights from repeating.

I read some dynamic effects with training. A guy went to train boxing but the standup coach had the flu so he couldn't train any standup. Another one was the grappling coach was showing off a pro wrestling move and hurt himself so no grappling training that week. Nice little touches.

On top of that, bringing an existing ufc fighter through career mode will definitely give some replayability to the mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I had a look through the ratings on the EA site. Conor at LW has a 92 stand up rating, but Aldo has a 94 rating, despite having the lower rating at FW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Conor will be playing some of this with Conan on one of his clueless gamer skits

(His character model looks woeful there)

maximoose wrote: »
    Conor will be playing some of this with Conan on one of his clueless gamer skits

(His character model looks woeful there)

Ah class, his clueless gamer bits are gas out. The Conan character will probably look the same as Conor's model in it. Really wish they would just redo his head, especially as he's on the cover.

shrewdness wrote: »
    I had a look through the ratings on the EA site. Conor at LW has a 92 stand up rating, but Aldo has a 94 rating, despite having the lower rating at FW.

Ah lots of the ratings don;t make sense thanks to UFC meddling and EA trying to balance Total Ratings which will be released today.

Gunni has complete WTF stats. 90 Standup, 86 Clinch, 86 Ground. I take it the Ground consists of high sub skills but low ground and pound?? Mind boggling to have him at 86 ground game.

• Advertisement

Full stats are up including each fighters perks. Top 3, Bones, Mighty Mouse, Conor.

https://www.easports.com/ufc/fighter-roster

10 days....

Stream from the launch party. Brian Hayes (Director) plays against Mighty Mouse and other fighters.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    10 days....

8 for me! :p

martyos121 wrote: »
    8 for me! :p

I'll have to make an anonymous call to Sony and tell em you're being an awful bold boy :)

Speaking of getting it early, anyone getting it on the EA Early access on Friday I think it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'll have to make an anonymous call to Sony and tell em you're being an awful bold boy :)

Speaking of getting it early, anyone getting it on the EA Early access on Friday I think it is?
    My digital version unlocks on the 15th I think? Could be wrong though.

Yeah I'm getting it through ea access on Thursday I think. Cannot wait :D

Hey, it's none of Sony's business whether or not I have a holiday home in Canada. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just found out I have to work Paddys and the 18th, nooooooooo!!!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    My digital version unlocks on the 15th I think? Could be wrong though.

Yeah I'm getting it through ea access on Thursday I think. Cannot wait :D

Class, you'll have to post up some impressions here.
    Just found out I have to work Paddys and the 18th, nooooooooo!!!

Man that's rough, I'm off Paddy's, Friday and all the following week. We'll have to hold off on the tourney for a week or 2 anyway, let people find the best spam/cheat moves....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Class, you'll have to post up some impressions here.

Man that's rough, I'm off Paddy's, Friday and all the following week. We'll have to hold off on the tourney for a week or 2 anyway, let people find the best spam/cheat moves....

You'll need em :cool:

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    You'll need em :cool:

Your fall will be glorious :pac:

Watching the live stream, the KO mode looks like it could get boring very quick, kinda glad it's offline only now. Also, the Big Ben fighting Frankie match was class. Frankie was himself and Ben was Conor. Man, Frankie was so focused, he did not want to lose. Great fight besides Ben spamming spin kicks. Looks like Conor is a bit OP'd in this.

Advertisement