Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hahahahaha Sage is wearing the champion shorts.

Dream on, Sagecutt. Dream on.

Also, Lawler's walkout song is in the game! I remember asking here before if it was going to be in, delighted now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Hoping this gets put onto EA access at midnight

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Hoping this gets put onto EA access at midnight

Any idea what you plan to do with the limited time? Is it 10 hours from when it opens?

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any idea what you plan to do with the limited time? Is it 10 hours from when it opens?

Nope, 10 hours to use as I please. Plan on doing practice to learn the new ground game stuff, and just mess about with exhibition mode and event mode. Might make a ufc 200 card and play through it. Won't start career or ultimate team until the 17th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So i'm guessing the preload will be available on the 13th for people buying off American/Canadian store?

Should easily have it downloaded before the 17th.

Looks like the ea early access is live now.

The download size is 19.56gb.
    Not too bad.

Not sure how it works on PS4, but I'm hoping to change the region on my xbox and get it on the 15th. Trial is downloading now :D

• Advertisement

Not sure how it works on PS4, but I'm hoping to change the region on my xbox and get it on the 15th. Trial is downloading now :D

Don't think EA access is available on PS4.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Don't think EA access is available on PS4.

Ah no I know, that's not what I meant. Have it on xbox now myself.

Ok so this is amazing. Just ****ing around in KO mode, Duffy vs Sage. Both lads can only take one more shot. Sage loads up at spinning back fist and just as he's turning I cracked him with a left straight and he goes down like a tonne of bricks. Knockouts are way more satisfying.

Good luck getting sleep tonight! Enjoy man.

The only thing I struggle with is defending transitions, I couldn't do it in the first game and I'm still ****. Can't get my head around which way to block!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Does the game have the option to create your own fighter? and special features like hidden character and legends you could unlock would be pretty cool if Dana was a playable character so you could beat the crap our of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Completely forgot about EA access trial, there's my evening sorted :)

The only thing I struggle with is defending transitions, I couldn't do it in the first game and I'm still ****. Can't get my head around which way to block!

I'm the same both for the last game and this game! Fine in practice when it's showing which way to defend but in normal when you are looking for the direction, I keep missing it. What's worse is that there's no more holding R2 and down to block the Sub attempt, you have to press the direction they are moving for the sub. But for the opposite, much better you can't just hold up and block their standup as now they can escape in multiple directions to get up. I also read that for patch 2, the ground and pound power was greatly increased after so many complaints about it being weak in the beta but it looks like it's overpowered now and the devs are looking at it.
    Does the game have the option to create your own fighter? and special features like hidden character and legends you could unlock would be pretty cool if Dana was a playable character so you could beat the crap our of him

Yupp, you can unlock Bas Rutten, Mike Tyson, Sakuraba and Bruce Lee. I think you get them by finishing career mode and/or entering hall of fame. Or just preorder the game for the first 3 and you can get Lee by just owning the first game. Dana would be a class character, they should get Joe in their as well with a level 5 spinning back kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just saw this on reddit, I like that they are having a little fun with it!

lAQjfwf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Can anyone get early access?

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    Can anyone get early access?

Just those who have EA Access, a service on Xbox One that allows you to download games and play them free for a 10 hour trial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Ah, that's me out so. Ps4.

D.Q wrote: »
    Ah, that's me out so. Ps4.

Yeah it's a pity Sony rejected it, sounds like a good service.

Vid showing off what the start of career mode looks like if anyone wants a gander. Hard to watch a guy play who has never played an mma game before, never mind even the last game. Tempting me to go straight online when I get it in the hope I get to play against some people like this and win a handy belt.

Vid showing off what the start of career mode looks like if anyone wants a gander. Hard to watch a guy play who has never played an mma game before, never mind even the last game. Tempting me to go straight online when I get it in the hope I get to play against some people like this and win a handy belt.

Well it'll be your only chance of winning one :cool:

Poxy online issue are still there. Keep getting the session failed to load message.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Well it'll be your only chance of winning one :cool:

Well it's not a belt but I'm willing to put up a signed*, unopened, Anderson Silva DVD 'Like Water' and send it to the winner of our first tourney to show off as bragging rights.

*signed by me

Well it's not a belt but I'm willing to put up a signed*, unopened, Anderson Silva DVD 'Like Water' and send it to the winner of our first tourney to show off as bragging rights.

*signed by me

Apt name for the prize, given the fact you (well, you're virtual fighter) won't be able to eat solids for weeks when I've finished the job!

And that goes for all of ye!

:cool:

Or I could just Phil Davis it and bore each and every one of ye into submission...

Pre-ordered off the US store just there.
    No preload yet but will hopefully have it by Sunday.

It'll be nice having it 2 days early. Gives me some time to practice

.... Not that i'll need it.

• Advertisement

Anyone know alpacino805, cm225 or myc4321 on ps4?

I think I'll have to make the community private if complete randomers are gonna join and ask to share the beta.

Advertisement