Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was going to say something about them but wasn't certain they were randomners. I'd say it's probably a good idea to make it a private community.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Add me in lads ill be on when the games released THENOTORIOUS77 (no surprise with the username I know)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

KO mode is hilarious. Ultimate team is good too. Liking it so far anyway. Sad the sam sub system is in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Deleted the lads, 1 had zero games played on his profile, bit suspect. Made it private and made ye mods so ye can send invites and accept them in case anyone on yer friends list is playing it next week.

Sent ya fwend request there gamebred.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Conan and Conor played the game on his "Clueless Gamer" segment. Wonder if Conan's character will be in the DLC! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Can't get over how ****e Conor's character looks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Played about 90 mins into career mode lastnight, won TUF and a couple of fights after that.

First impressions are good, but really need to go back and learn the controls from scratch again - I wasn't great at the first game but felt I had a decent grasp of what I was doing, took me forever to figure out how to throw a jab again :pac:

That's me off the fence anyway, will def be buying this now.

Man they nailed Conan's model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man they nailed Conan's model.

The customisation is much better this time around, wasted far too much of my 10 hour trial tinkering with tattoo layers haha - although between that and EA gameface it was worth it to give the OH a fright when she saw virtual me on the telly.

Career Mode not getting the best reviews in the thread below

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10401696.page

Seems that your Career Damage fills up fairly fast making you retire after about 27-29 fights. A guy tested by winning a fight with jiu jitsu not taking any damage and the dame still shot up. Also, majority saying it is too easy, even on the harder difficulties. Just spamming strikes seems to overwhelm the AI and leads to knockdowns and tko's.

On top of that, it seems to be better than the 1st game's career but still a bit bland lacking personality. Disappointing to hear, really wish they would have a career mode where you run a gym like stated before, make career mode more involved. There hasn't been a great career mode in any of THQ's or EA's mma game yet, EA MMA came closest imo but they are definitely missing a trick with longevity. Even if you had a gym mode, your fighter could retire, become a coach/trainer while you take over a new guy at the gym to start again in a different style.

Sounds like Ultimate Team will be the more interesting career mode

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

When is this released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Career Mode not getting the best reviews in the thread below

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10401696.page

Seems that your Career Damage fills up fairly fast making you retire after about 27-29 fights. A guy tested by winning a fight with jiu jitsu not taking any damage and the dame still shot up. Also, majority saying it is too easy, even on the harder difficulties. Just spamming strikes seems to overwhelm the AI and leads to knockdowns and tko's.

On top of that, it seems to be better than the 1st game's career but still a bit bland lacking personality. Disappointing to hear, really wish they would have a career mode where you run a gym like stated before, make career mode more involved. There hasn't been a great career mode in any of THQ's or EA's mma game yet, EA MMA came closest imo but they are definitely missing a trick with longevity. Even if you had a gym mode, your fighter could retire, become a coach/trainer while you take over a new guy at the gym to start again in a different style.

Sounds like Ultimate Team will be the more interesting career mode

Urgh hate reading that, was really hoping for a much stronger career mode this time around, it is always my go to mode in a sports sim, hope Ultimate Team is closer to what we want.

When is this released?

17th March
    Urgh hate reading that, was really hoping for a much stronger career mode this time around, it is always my go to mode in a sports sim, hope Ultimate Team is closer to what we want.

Yupp, will have to wait and see but Ranked Online is not appealing to me longevity wise as because I remember in the last one getting to Black Belt and it was just champs using exploits and not fun at all.

Funny Irish lad here putting up a lot of vids of the 10 hour access.

17th March

Yupp, will have to wait and see but Ranked Online is not appealing to me longevity wise as because I remember in the last one getting to Black Belt and it was just champs using exploits and not fun at all.

Funny Irish lad here putting up a lot of vids of the 10 hour access.

Conor's left hand power is 75 at FW, that doesn't seem right!

shrewdness wrote: »
    Conor's left hand power is 75 at FW, that doesn't seem right!

Devs said stats are capped according to weight class (most likely 75 is the max at FW)

Devs said stats are capped according to weight class (most likely 75 is the max at FW)

Oh right get ya. Makes sense so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I don't really understand having career fight cap. Like if you couldn't have other CAF fighters it'd make sense.

That why Fight Night Round 3 was great. You could keep fighting but the older you got the more your stats decreased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I was like King Koopa at UFC Undisputed but the EA one, I could never get the hang of it.

I think I might've played against Mr. Blobby a couple of times in a tournament, got smashed, and then put the game away forever.

I've pre-ordered this though to Parcel Motel so will hopefully have it Thursday night. Add me to any group that's going and i'm well up for a few games:

MrStuffins84

Thats all that Blobby needs, hearing he retired someone :D. Sent ya an invite to the group there Stuffins.

Dev released a guide to escaping full amount as a lot of people playing early access are saying FM is OP'd at the moment.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10401721.page

This goes into a lot of detail oh how the game works and will be very hard to understand until you used the new ground system but it is actually extremely helpful and well worth a read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I haven't had any problems with full mount. If the top throws a few strikes and you block them, they'll lose stamina and you'll gain some grapple advantage giving you and opportunity to get out to half guard or better.

• Advertisement

Thats all that Blobby needs, hearing he retired someone :D.

Really wish I hadn't saw that.

My UFC persona is already bleeding into my real life! I've been cutting promos in the shower and telling people i'll change their bum lives at dinner :pac:

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I haven't had any problems with full mount. If the top throws a few strikes and you block them, they'll lose stamina and you'll gain some grapple advantage giving you and opportunity to get out to half guard or better.

Yupp, the biggest thing is that you get full grapple advantage (quicker transitions than your opponent) after blocking 2 strikes so no point blocking more than that without transitioning out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Can you move up and down weight classes in this one? Very annoying feature in the last one.

Also , I think you could fight on as you got older in the last one but the body started to give in and made the fights harder.

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Can you move up and down weight classes in this one? Very annoying feature in the last one.

Also , I think you could fight on as you got older in the last one but the body started to give in and made the fights harder.

Kind of I think, 1 guy on youtube said he went something like 23-2 in LW and was offered to fight at WW but he was foreced to retire at age 29 with 27 fights. Definitely sounds like they need a UFC Universe mode to give single player longevity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Kind of I think, 1 guy on youtube said he went something like 23-2 in LW and was offered to fight at WW but he was foreced to retire at age 29 with 27 fights. Definitely sounds like they need a UFC Universe mode to give single player longevity.

Yeah that's not great , that will really annoy me...you should be able t fight on with stats going down and decide when to retire..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Ok I ****ing love this game. Playing ranked online, me as Damian Maia vs Carlos Condit. Fight is going badly on the feet predictably enough so I go for a takedown. However that doesn't go entirely to plan either, as I spend the next 4 minutes getting wrestle ****ed around the mat. Manage to stand up with another ten seconds left in the first round and get smacked about again.

Round 2 starts as the first ended, me dodging strikes and trying to counter. Eventually Condit dives in for a takedown, but I react quickly and Maia sprawls. Sensing my chance, I slap on a guillotine and hope for the best. Each time he is so close to escaping but I somehow manage to pull it off. So satisfying :D That kinda thing just wouldn't happen in UFC 1.

Just read there that one of the gamechangers told the devs people really want a Universe Mode and the deves said they are well aware. Hopefully it's somehting they can add in later and not wait another 2 years for the next game. I never played the WWE games but know they had a Universe mode. I imagine it's like a fighter/manager kind of a thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just read there that one of the gamechangers told the devs people really want a Universe Mode and the deves said they are well aware. Hopefully it's somehting they can add in later and not wait another 2 years for the next game. I never played the WWE games but know they had a Universe mode. I imagine it's like a fighter/manager kind of a thing?

Have been playing WWE games for donkeys years, Universe Mode wouldn't work great in a UFC game to be honest. It'd be hard to describe to someone who doesn't watch WWE programming, but in a nutshell matches are randomly generated each week for each show, and you can play them or simulate them. The rest is purely tailored to a pro-wrestling game (storylines, rivalries, tag teams, stables etc.) Simply not enough fighters to fill different cards each event in a UFC game and I doubt EA's license with the UFC would allow you to create your own promotions which is huge part of Universe Mode in WWE games.

I love your custom fight camp idea if that's what you mean by Universe Mode, but WWE's version of it just wouldn't suit. As much as I'm looking forward to playing this in a few days and I know for a fact I'll love it, EA will never be as good at these type of modes as the likes of 2K.

Was talking to a guy on Reddit and he said that he was able to preload the game already. I'm not getting the option.. All it says is the auto download will start on Tuesday.

Edit: Supposedly it'll be available to preload at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Gonna pre order today on PSN for €70. Don't wanna be messing about with Canadian accounts etc I think I'd rather keep it on the straight and narrow and play it on the 17th:)

Advertisement