Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just pre-ordered the deluxe edition now with the assistance of my Canadian mountie friends (;)) and I am only after realising that I have wasted some money given the fact that my Ultimate Team packs won't be given to my main Irish account, but the one I purchased from.

I...am an idiot. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah shyte man! Thinking of trading in another game for credit and upgrading to deluxe especially as it looks like Ultimate Team will be the main go to mode after career.

Yeah Ultimate Team looks like it'll stretch my enjoyment of the game way more this time, have to think hard over the weekend of a good team name and CAF names too. Might create the cast of Father Ted and lull my opponents into a false sense of security, before roundhouse kicking the head off them with Father Jack.

A fitting tribute if there ever was one. :)

That's a great idea, Mrs. Doyle an all. From the beta, your UT team name is just your psn username.

Game director Brian Hayes tweeted:

LOL. @egmnow gives UFC1 a 90... gives UFC2 a 70... and apparently, gives the crackpipe a 100.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bah!
    No preload yet.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Bah!
    No preload yet.

The last time i got a US preorder, the preload started Sunday afternoon, just set to auto download and have your ps4 in rest mode so it can use Internet in the background. Things usually download faster in rest mode as well.

This is getting a slating from both casuals (reviewers) AND the hardcore fans. Casuals not knowing how to play giving it a 70 or low 80's due to 'unresponsive ground game' which is absolute nonsense. Then the fans in official forum are giving out about it having the worst striking ever and that ea mma had better striking which is also nonsense.

That mixed with the majority of people saying not enough modes = a lot of giving out. Must be pissing off the devs.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The last time i got a US preorder, the preload started Sunday afternoon, just set to auto download and have your ps4 in rest mode so it can use Internet in the background. Things usually download faster in rest mode as well.

This is getting a slating from both casuals (reviewers) AND the hardcore fans. Casuals not knowing how to play giving it a 70 or low 80's due to 'unresponsive ground game' which is absolute nonsense. Then the fans in official forum are giving out about it having the worst striking ever and that ea mma had better striking which is also nonsense.

That mixed with the majority of people saying not enough modes = a lot of giving out. Must be pissing off the devs.

Stuff like this always happen. The casual crowd don't know enough about mma to get invested and learn all the aspects. Honestly I have friends who loved UFC 1 but never really learned the ground game.

I'm guessing all the hate is coming from the EA forum? That place has always been toxic and are never happy. Even back when Fight Night Champion came out they done nothing but bitch and moan.

I haven't played the game yet so maybe they're right... Buy I doubt it.

Yupp official forums. Couple of good feedback posts on there but the trolls (i hope they're trolls anyway, otherwise they are just delirious) outweigh them, drowning out the good stuff with cack like ea mma is better than this.

I know we'll have a good laugh with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I haven't read much about this game as the first one was pretty rubbish, basically rock em sock em robots, is this one similar? There was a simulation mode on UFC undisputed 3 which was class, anything similar on this? Or can you just pick Anthony Pettis and throw 14 spinning cartwheel kicks in a row again...

• Advertisement

You can play it rock em sock em style alright but anyone half decent will be able to parry/ block the fancy moves and land counters while you drain your stamina. Great when you come up against button mashers online, always got an easy KO against them.

dulux99 wrote: »
    I haven't read much about this game as the first one was pretty rubbish, basically rock em sock em robots, is this one similar? There was a simulation mode on UFC undisputed 3 which was class, anything similar on this? Or can you just pick Anthony Pettis and throw 14 spinning cartwheel kicks in a row again...

If you're games turned into rock em sock em then you were probably pretty bad at the game.

Honestly any half decent players will get a very realistic match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

If you're games turned into rock em sock em then you were probably pretty bad at the game.

Honestly any half decent players will get a very realistic match.

I'm not a big online player to be honest. Prefer dipping in and out of offline games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Sound track in the last one was garbage,any decent one on this new one?

dulux99 wrote: »
    I'm not a big online player to be honest. Prefer dipping in and out of offline games.

Probably the best mode in this.
    Something very satisfying about getting beat up for 3 rounds and then landing a KO kick and then getting a bunch of PM's of abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamebred wrote: »
    Sound track in the last one was garbage,any decent one on this new one?

Yeah some great tracks:

https://www.easports.com/ufc/news/2016/ea-sports-ufc-2-soundtrack

Paully D wrote: »

Actually surprised at the quality of it.

A few people one different forums saying preload is up now if anyone with Canadian/US cousins buying them the game wants to check.

Mine hasn't started yet anyways.

Yeah some good artists on that list,the loading music when playing online was very annoying on the first game.

A few people one different forums saying preload is up now if anyone with Canadian/US cousins buying them the game wants to check.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Mine hasn't started yet anyways.

Yeah nothing here either :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The thai clinch with power knees is still very OP online with a decent player.

Still no pre-load, just checked my library and it says the expected download date is the 15th, does that mean it won't pre-load at all I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

Been following this thread from the start.

Ordered the game on Friday for Xbox one (Irish store) and was available straight away for download.

Only 68% downloaded so far as my internet sucks.....

Still no pre-load, just checked my library and it says the expected download date is the 15th, does that mean it won't pre-load at all I wonder?

Same here.
    I'm starting to think its IP related. They can see we're not in the US so the preload won't start.

Yeah Xbox always gets pre-downloads way before Sony.

Ps4 lads, if ye go to library, ufc 2 is there an option to manually download? Is the download date the same as the launch date now?

Same here.
    I'm starting to think its IP related. They can see we're not in the US so the preload won't start.

That's what I was thinking too, because the pre-load is up already for Americans. Not the end of the world though, I've 70mb broadband so it should be ready for me when I get home on Tuesday afternoon. Feel bad for anyone with poor internet though, could be a long wait to play it.
    Yeah Xbox always gets pre-downloads way before Sony.

Ps4 lads, if ye go to library, ufc 2 is there an option to manually download? Is the download date the same as the launch date now?

Just a tick-box to enable auto-download unfortunately. Yeah, download date is the 15th too, not looking good for a pre-load.

Ah that's shyte, my US predownload worked before although it was last year, surely would have heard about it if sony put fixes in place for it.

That's what I was thinking too, because the pre-load is up already for Americans. Not the end of the world though, I've 70mb broadband so it should be ready for me when I get home on Tuesday afternoon. Feel bad for anyone with poor internet though, could be a long wait to play it.

1.6MB...
    I'll post my PS4 to ya and you can post it back :pac:

Not to worried either way. If i bought a physical copy then it would have cost me €65 which i wasn't going to play. Also if i ordered off Amazon i wouldn't have had it till at least the 21st with how slow they are.

Even with my internet i'll have it downloaded by the 17th.

Whats the cheapeast place to buy this lads hard copy or ps store?

• Advertisement

A few people on the official forum having the preload issue as well

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10401870.page

Advertisement