Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Why is this?

I pre-ordered with release day delivery to Parcel Motel. Will Paddy's Day effect PM? I was thinking they'd get it on Thursday morning and drop it to PM o Thursday night? but obviously not if they're not working on Paddys Day!

Amazon have been a bit iffy when it comes to posting stuff here. But you'll probably been fine with PM.

But if you're going with An Post don't expect it on release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

This is the 3rd game I have bought for my xbox (1 of which was the first UFC game :D)

Anyway hope my CAF loads into the game without any glitches.

Meet Tommy Riordan. (from Warrior)

XrXE9fw.png

gK7dRSF.png

**** that looks spot on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭SQLDBA

Cheers just need to give him massive trapezius muscles in the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Think I might pick this up, haven't played a ufc game since the undisputed days. When exactly is it out? On the ps4 store it says the expected playable date is the 17th March, but am seeing other places saying the 15th?

• Advertisement

Simply Red wrote: »
    Think I might pick this up, haven't played a ufc game since the undisputed days. When exactly is it out? On the ps4 store it says the expected playable date is the 17th March, but am seeing other places saying the 15th?

If you're buying from the US store its available tomorrow. Otherwise it's Thursday.
    I woudn't recommend getting it on the US store because you might not be able to buy packs in Ultimate Team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

North America getting it on the 15th and Europe getting it on the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    If you're buying from the US store its available tomorrow. Otherwise it's Thursday.
    I woudn't recommend getting it on the US store because you might not be able to buy packs in Ultimate Team.

You'll be grand buying the packs I got mine on fifa not a bother, you just won't get the packs on the main account if you buy the dearer edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ASOT wrote: »
    You'll be grand buying the packs I got mine on fifa not a bother, you just won't get the packs on the main account if you buy the dearer edition.

I bought the regular U.S. edition and there was no option to buy packs, not that I would ever waste money on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

will this game be released for PC users ?

• Advertisement

will this game be released for PC users ?

Nope Console exclusive for now.

Well the yanks/canadians still can't download and they're not happy. EA blaming Sony and Sony blaming EA. I can't see Euro download starting at midnight but would be gas to see Euro PSN go smooth for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ShaneU wrote: »
    I bought the regular U.S. edition and there was no option to buy packs, not that I would ever waste money on that.

I got hooked on FIFA buying packs. That **** can be addicting :( Literally stopped playing FUT so I stop spending money on packs

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well the yanks/canadians still can't download and they're not happy. EA blaming Sony and Sony blaming EA. I can't see Euro download starting at midnight but would be gas to see Euro PSN go smooth for a change.

At this point i don't care.
    My download will be starting in about 3hrs or so and should be done by Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Nope Console exclusive for now.

Damn, PC peasants don't overlook us

Euro PSN pre download is up now. Auto download didn't work (never does). Went to library and kicked it off from there. Downloading the 1st 5gb's and then the other 15gb's will download in the back ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

My pre-load still hasn't started, says less than 4 hours until it's playable, yet no sign of it downloading anytime soon. Absolute bullshît.

Euro PSN pre download is up now. Auto download didn't work (never does). Went to library and kicked it off from there. Downloading the 1st 5gb's and then the other 15gb's will download in the back ground.

Any chance you or anybody could give me a literally step by step guide to access the preload? I'm up in college but home Wednesday evening, want to be able to play it at midnight so gonna ring my dad and tell him to do it tomorrow and he's completely tech/ps4 illiterate :P I assume then he puts it on sleep mode and it works from there?

Alright will give it a go...

Power on ps4.
    Go all the way to the right and press X button on Library.
    Press Right once and then Scroll to EA Sports UFC 2 and press X.
    Press Down to select Download option and press X.
    A notification will pop saying EA Sports UFC 2 now downloading.
    Hold the PS button (middle of controller) until Quick Menu appears.
    Scroll down and press X on Enter Rest Mode.

Do you know if you have set Networks to work in Rest Mode?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Any chance you or anybody could give me a literally step by step guide to access the preload? I'm up in college but home Wednesday evening, want to be able to play it at midnight so gonna ring my dad and tell him to do it tomorrow and he's completely tech/ps4 illiterate :P I assume then he puts it on sleep mode and it works from there?

Just do it from your phone. I'm 99% sure it'll work.

1. Turn on PS4
    2. Open PS app
    3. Sign in
    4. Find UFC 2
    5. Click download (assuming you've pre-ordered already)
    6. ......
    7. Profit

• Advertisement

Alright will give it a go...

Power on ps4.
    Go all the way to the right and press X button on Library.
    Press Right once and then Scroll to EA Sports UFC 2 and press X.
    Press Down to select Download option and press X.
    A notification will pop saying EA Sports UFC 2 now downloading.
    Hold the PS button (middle of controller) until Quick Menu appears.
    Scroll down and press X on Enter Rest Mode.

Do you know if you have set Networks to work in Rest Mode?

Lovely cheers much appreciated :D Sounds simple enough I wasn't sure if you had to go into the ps store again or anything haha. I think I'd be able to explain to him how to power on somehow ;) Ahhh no idea, if it's not the default then I doubt it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

If you order it on the ps store now when can you play it?

Gamebred wrote: »
    If you order it on the ps store now when can you play it?

On the irish store?
    Then Thursday 12:00am

Ah i had shyte Internet before and gave my ps4 into my parents to download. Had to give em the same instructions :)

As for the Rest Mode...

Turn on ps4
    Press UP and then RIGHT until you get to Settings. Press X.
    Scroll down to Power Saving Settings. Press X.
    Press X on Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
    Highlight Stay Connected to the internet and press X. Once it has a check in the box beside it, press O until you are back to the main menu.
    Go to Library and see steps above.

Good luck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Nebaw

Just finished my trial, so sickened I have to wait till Thursday now. Mostly played UT, wish the gear and all that was better .

Ah i had shyte Internet before and gave my ps4 into my parents to download. Had to give em the same instructions :)

As for the Rest Mode...

Turn on ps4
    Press UP and then RIGHT until you get to Settings. Press X.
    Scroll down to Power Saving Settings. Press X.
    Press X on Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
    Highlight Stay Connected to the internet and press X. Once it has a check in the box beside it, press O until you are back to the main menu.
    Go to Library and see steps above.

Good luck :pac:

Haha thanks I'll need it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Pre-load wasn't an issue for me in the end, the entire game downloaded in exactly 90 minutes, one quick fight then I'm off to bed! :D

So it seems auto download didn't work. Checked my PS4 at 6am and nothing was happening. Started the download and went back to bed. Internet must have reset because the download stopped at 8am.

Still got 15gb left...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Same boat set it to auto download and when I read in bed that the pre load had started I set it to download on my phone (height of lazyness I know) but then when I checked progress this morning it actually didnt start, downloading now but will be Friday before I will likely get to play due to stupid work ;-(

Wonder when we will see some reviews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Lads, just for anyone buying the game disc my other half works in Gamestop and they have informed staff to sell the game TOMORROW as St.Patricks day is on Thursday , so they have to actively promote selling the game tomorrow. Think they are texting/calling people with pre-orders.

Not sure if everywhere or only gamestop but there's an option to get it early anyway.

Advertisement