Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Flyweight and banthamweight division online is pointless, you're just picking which fighter you wish to sacrifice to Mighty Mouse. I've had Paddy, Scoggins, and Cejudo get absolutely murdered by DJ.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Lads, just for anyone buying the game disc my other half works in Gamestop and they have informed staff to sell the game TOMORROW as St.Patricks day is on Thursday , so they have to actively promote selling the game tomorrow. Think they are texting/calling people with pre-orders.

Not sure if everywhere or only gamestop but there's an option to get it early anyway.

How much? I'd love to play this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Tut must have been US release date I seen. thoguht it was today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

How much? I'd love to play this.

75 quid was just in there passing through dunnes; daylight robbery; they are selling it tomorrow though they were getting the stand ready and had it all priced and out on shelves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I noticed a few randomners were accepted into the group, you can tell by looking at their profiles. Maybe a group chat would work better than a community Zero? Anyone who wants in just has to post in this thread maybe? There's just not much point having lads in the community who have never even heard of boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got rid of the 2 fellas with 0 games played. Neilh1mself is part of the boards.ie community group so he must be on be on here somewhere. Group chat would work as well, might even be easier to arrange fights with it.

Made a group message now on PS4, post here if you want an invite to arrange fights.

Anyway Marty, throw on game share there and gimme a go you gowl :D

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got rid of the 2 fellas with 0 games played. Neilh1mself is part of the boards.ie community group so he must be on be on here somewhere. Group chat would work as well, might even be easier to arrange fights with it.

Made a group message now on PS4, post here if you want an invite to arrange fights.

I would, but I'm too busy creating my unbeatable stable of CAFs for Ultimate Team. :D

Soooo pissed that you can't name your Ultimate Team like you could in FIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamestop just annoyed they will be releasing it tomorrow for anyone interested, expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

ASOT wrote: »
    Gamestop just annoyed they will be releasing it tomorrow for anyone interested, expensive though.
    Wouldn't give them a cent, just gonna wait the extra few hours for the sake of it

Anyone know how to block transitions? Literally haven't been able to block one since I started playing, it's a pain in the nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Simply Red wrote: »
    Wouldn't give them a cent, just gonna wait the extra few hours for the sake of it

Smyths are selling it tomorrow as well for 65 euro if it eases the pain.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to block transitions? Literally haven't been able to block one since I started playing, it's a pain in the nuts.

In practice mode, holding R2 defending on the ground, it will tell you what direction to press when the guy on top starts to transition. I find it very hard to get it right without the prompts but it does help to get used to what direction to press.

Like if the guy on top goes from full guard to half guard on your left, he's more than likely gonna press right to go to mount so I'd be ready to press right as soon as i see him move.

Trying to defend a transition too early well give a big vibration to let you know you went to early and will be open to a free transition against you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Smyths are selling it tomorrow as well for 65 euro if it eases the pain.
    Any idea what Argos will have it for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Fuming it's being sold tomorrow after preordering it for 70 to play at midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Simply Red wrote: »
    Any idea what Argos will have it for?

Not on there website yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Played Marty there in a few games on share play...got spanked for the most part! Great craic though, looking forward to getting started at midnight and a full dedicated fight camp on Paddys day to get up to speed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Fuming it's being sold tomorrow after preordering it for 70 to play at midnight

Looks like Sony only do refunds back to the psn wallet and not to the card which is no good to me if I wanted to get a refund and buy it in the shop tomorrow. Thought I had it all figured out:(

Zero-Cool wrote: »

What is game share? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Axwell wrote: »
    ... and a full dedicated fight camp on Paddys day to get up to speed!

Jaysus 'Full Camp Axwell' is a whole udder ball game lads, let me tell you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

What is game share? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/explore/ps4/features/share-play/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Haven't played any ufc games in years. Enjoying this so far even if I'm crap at it.

Has anyone discovered the cheapest store to buy this ?

As far as I can see Smyths seem to be so far at 65. Gamestop and Hmv are looking for 75 and littlewoods are looking for 69.

Has anyone discovered the cheapest store to buy this ?

As far as I can see Smyths seem to be so far at 65. Gamestop and Hmv are looking for 75 and littlewoods are looking for 69.

When are Smyths selling it do you know?

When are Smyths selling it do you know?

Out now

Out now

Really? Will have to go get it this evening so!

I'm holding out till tomorrow to see what Argos are going to be selling it at.

Really? Will have to go get it this evening so!

That was as per their twitter last nights anyways, may be worth calling your local store to make sure before making a trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

€65 in Smyths isn't bad. Going to try and pick up a copy tonight now that my trial is out.

It's harder than the last one , which is good. You really have to learn to counter and deal with the ground game as striking alone won't get you through it.

Fought Nate Diaz last night and despite me nailing him with overhands and headkicks he is just so hard to finish, I rocked him but couldn't finish him. Decided to try and take him to the deck and pound his face in from top mount...nope...son of a bitch rolled me like a ragdoll and tapped me in an armbar...nearly put the controller through the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,254 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Damn! Had I known they were gonna release it today i'd have forgotten about Amazon and grabbed a copy on my lunch break today. Reading about you guys playing is making me really wanna get my hands on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Can anyone give me a launch report on the loading times in the game - I'm predominantly a PC gamer and I found the constant 30 second loading of the first game infuriating.

Open fighter customisation options menu - 30 seconds of loading
    cycle through each shirt 7 seconds loading
    select the walkout shirt you want the fighter to wear - 30 seconds loading back to gym

like 4-5 mins between fights with all the training modules in the career mode - if they haven't addressed that they can fúck right off

Advertisement