Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Axwell wrote: »
    :D Once I get some practice in tonight we will see who needs excuses, enjoy your victory Marty..there wont be many more!

Mighty Mouse needs to read this thread for tips on how to sell a fight, our next battle will do well over 1 million buys Axwell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp ye need to twitch that **** lads with group chats. I can be one of yer corner men.

"Breeeeaaath yeah breeeeeaath goooooooood" 70% of the time, that advice works everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Won't get on tonight unfortunately. Download should be done for 2am but I'll be too tired by then.

Will be on all day tomorrow anyway. Get some practice in lads.

You'll need it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I am wrecking online, but I feel dirty. Im on a 16 fight win streak, with all TKOs. Just keep attempting to clinch after a few body shots, then transition to a thai clinch and hammer power knees. Its savage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Just after noticing a download called application data. I thought I had everything downloaded but this thing is 20GB and will take 5hrs:( anyone know what it is or will I be able to play at least some modes before it fully downloads? :( it wasn't there when I first went to download everything

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Just after noticing a download called application data. I thought I had everything downloaded but this thing is 20GB and will take 5hrs:( anyone know what it is or will I be able to play at least some modes before it fully downloads? :( it wasn't there when I first went to download everything

If its like xbox one download, youll only be able to play "quick fight" and KO mode, and only be able to use Lawler and McDonald until its fully downloaded, so gets stale fast.

Tinie wrote: »
    If its like xbox one download, youll only be able to play "quick fight" and KO mode, and only be able to use Lawler and McDonald until its fully downloaded, so gets stale fast.

Meh. Could be worse at least I'll be able to get to grips with the game :) annoying as it only appeared afterwards when I turned it back on just there. I thought everything was downloaded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    For anyone wanting to pre-order this (especially with the Tyson, Sakuraba and Rutten fighters being included for those who pre-order), if you want to use a UK based site now is probably the time given the shift in exchange rate due to uncertainty over the UK's place in the EU over the last few days.

ShopTo.net are generally very good. I've got a few games off them and have usually had it on release day (though this isn't guaranteed it must be said). They're current charging, including delivery, £47 for tracking or £43 without tracking. That works out at €60 with tracking or €54 without it at the current rates.

GameStop are charging €75. :rolleyes:

Just to update on this - my game arrived in Ireland today per the tracking, so it would have been here first thing tomorrow morning only for it's a public holiday which is impressive considering it's coming from the UK. Anyone in the UK would have received it today. If I hadn't bothered with the tracking I would have saved €11 on the Smyths price (probably around the same on the Argos price) and €21 on the GameStop price.

A good option to consider in the future for those of us with dial-up like broadband speeds that would be waiting until UFC 3 is released before download is completed.

Do any fighters have their walkout music?

Do any fighters have their walkout music?

Rousey, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Dillashaw, Lawler, Jedzdedjzjekszk (I give up trying to spell that) all do off the top of my head. There might be one or two more but definitely no more than that.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Rousey, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Dillashaw, Lawler, Jedzdedjzjekszk (I give up trying to spell that) all do off the top of my head. There might be one or two more but definitely no more than that.

Cheers man.

It's a shame that more don't. It would really add to the game IMO.

I read that there is a Patty Pack on UT. I take it it's a Paddy's day pack, anyone get it?

Cheers man.

It's a shame that more don't. It would really add to the game IMO.

Yeah was really hoping there'd be more real music because it isn't like EA hasn't got the money to get them. Still way more than the last game at least.

Was really hoping Rockhold, Weidman and Faber would have their music though.

Devs said there is a mystery fighter but they won't tell you how to unlock them but if you think you did, share it on social media. Hhhmmmm Joe Hogan maybe?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Devs said there is a mystery fighter but they won't tell you how to unlock them but if you think you did, share it on social media. Hhhmmmm Joe Hogan maybe?

Well it told me i unlocked bruce lee at the start for having played UFC 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

So what's the conclusion ? Is it worth getting? Looks very very similar to ufc 1 in the brief few videos ive seen

The fine folks on Neogaf are speculating that it might be Conan O'Brien! Please God let that be true! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Maybe play a fight with all the Irish fighters and you unlock him :)

Maybe play a fight with all the Irish fighters and you unlock him :)

I'm in the middle of a custom event including McGregor, Holohan, Daly and Duffy already, I'll let you know if that works so!

• Advertisement

Jaysus the ps4 theme that comes with the digital version couldn't be anymore generic

Tinie wrote: »
    Well it told me i unlocked bruce lee at the start for having played UFC 1.

Its not him. He was announced back in February, those that didnt have UFC1 can also get him by getting inducted into the hall of fame.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm in the middle of a custom event including McGregor, Holohan, Daly and Duffy already, I'll let you know if that works so!

Ya forgot poor Stormin :D

Ya forgot poor Stormin :D

Oh bollocks! I was trying to get them all in and I forgot him.

The rest of the card is looking great though, just destroyed Barao with Almeida, still have these yet to come on my fantasy card:

Gus vs. Silva
    GSP vs. Rory
    Jones vs. Rumble
    Tate vs. Rousey
    RDA vs. McGregor

This should be fun.

Bollix!! Had Mir by Sub in rd2 on live events. Finished him with knees from the clinch in the 1st. Balls

Edit. Ah can try again sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Bollix!! Had Mir by Sub in rd2 on live events. Finished him with knees from the clinch in the 1st. Balls

Edit. Ah can try again sweet

I had Mir by sub in 3. Then fished in 1 so changed and went and finished in 1 :D

I'm stuck with play now practice and knockout mode Robbie and rory until tomorrow it seems. Time to polish my ground game. I'm struggling :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Is it worth getting the deluxe division or nah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Gamebred wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the deluxe division or nah?

Only if you want to get ultimate team packs. I didn't bother and am finding it no hindrance playing UT

• Advertisement

Is game face acting up for anyone else? When I go to the page it just keeps saying loading on the bottom right where you would upload a pic to use.

Advertisement