Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My game is going to arrive first thing tomorrow morning and I'm going to be stuck in work all day. :mad: Torture. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads i deleted the ps4 community. Just a load of randomers wanting to join. The group chat works much better. Give a shout if ye want to join our we can add ye if we see ye playing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/710609414080831492

That is terrific train by day joe rogan podcast by night,all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Having fun with my career. I ended CM Punk UFC winning streak and he quit.

Loving the randomness of the UFC
    Ronda and Aldo fell apart, dropping to the under card before leaving.

All the Irish fighters are the champion of their weight division.

Rampage Jackson is the light heavyweight champ, Chuck is the number one contender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

The Thai clinch is really OP.

• Advertisement

You unlock Joe by booting up the game and on the screen where it says press option/start to continue, you just enter the Konami code :pac:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konami_Code

I tried a lot as no a or b. Gave up and just pressed continue and then heard an ol catchphrase from Joe and found him in welterweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,454 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cheers for that, just worked for me.

Also, GNP is working absolutely brilliantly for me online, it's almost impossible to escape full mount if the person on top knows the game well enough.

Just gogoplata'd the life out of McGregor as Joe Rogan, he has some serious subs in the game, he has the twister as well.

Same, just choked CM Punk unconscious. It was glorious!

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Fun game. Need to learn grapple defense/offence and ground defence/offense though.

• Advertisement

Myself and Axwel had some great fights last night both standing, in the clinch and on the ground. When you get used to the ground game and the guy starts throwing fake transitions (hold one direction for a second and switch to another) and ye can both wait and look for movements to counter with, turns into a great scramble.

Silva vs Hall was an epic spinning **** battle but Nate vs Nightmare Sanchez turned out some epic fights altogether.

Onto other business it looks like you can't use your career fighter in Fight Now. We tried it and neither career cafs or UT cafs were showing up. It looks like you have to create one from scratch in Customise mode but it let's you assign any and all perks and 5 star moves. Even if we capped the ratings, the 5 star moves would be overpowered. Bit of a balls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah the whole CAF thing is annoying, being able to use the ones from UT in other fights would have been great but no joy. Also like we were saying last night, its a pity they didn't set it up that you could create an event card with a few mates and have the fights played out online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

I had a few games last night with someone on here wolf something who was that?

Joe rogan highlight reeled me then I clawed it back to win the rivalary with Nick Diaz and Overoid I think,

Grappling is ok I find it hard to block transitions.

Thats me - IrishWolverine

They were good fights, Joe is a bit of a beast in the game. Enjoyed playing as him the 2 or 3 times I have so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Love the Super Samoan in this; knock out city haha

The first 2 premium UT packs from special edition are available now. Go to UT, Store, Inbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The first 2 premium UT packs from special edition are available now. Go to UT, Store, Inbox.

Thanks for being so on the ball with the game these last few months mate, been a great source of info for myself leading up to its release :) Just said I'd say thanks since I didn't have to look hard as every bit of info was posted here by yourself. Great job:D

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Thanks for being so on the ball with the game these last few months mate, been a great source of info for myself leading up to its release :) Just said I'd say thanks since I didn't have to look hard as every bit of info was posted here by yourself. Great job:D

Haha no prob man, my 2 favourite things are games and mma so this is basically Christmas for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Axwell sorry I missed your invite earlier; had the ps4 on but had to pop out for dinner; catch ya soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Is this game any good guys, its sitting on my console but i wont be able to play it till next week

• Advertisement

Question for those playing career.
    How do i use Evolution points? I go into moves and there's nothing to buy. Like i have capoeira kicks unlocked even though i made a Jiu Jitsu fighter.

I can buy level 1 perks but that's all i can find.

EDIT: Nevermind figured it out.

Aston, it's class, miles better than the first with the new ground game. Still not perfect but i don't think an mma game ever will be.

Blobby, yeah i assigned a few moves a while ago but as bare bones and generic the career mode is, the evolution points thing seems most tacked. Eehhh pick whatever move you want, we don't care. Ea mma did it so much better travelling to a bjj gym to learn subs or a muai thai gym for clinch moves.

I'm only a few fights into my career but bored already, think I'll be spending more time with ultimate team. Will storm through career to get it over with and might try another one down the line with joe rogan or something.

Also i can't recommend anyone buy the UT packs. A premium pack is the equivalent of 2 euro in ea points. The 2 premium packs i opened earlier were good but no fighter or signature moves. Just a 4 star leg kick with a nice permanent boost to kick stats. Would be sickened if i paid 4 euro for them. The UT packs are very over priced (real money) imo.

Little tip for UT.
    If you create 4 more fighters in the same weight class as your first you can use their starter packs to beef up your original guy.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Little tip for UT.
    If you create 4 more fighters in the same weight class as your first you can use their starter packs to beef up your original guy.

That's a sound strategy if you want to focus on the one guy alright.

What I've done is picked different weight classes for each of my CAFs so far, so instead of buying weight specific packs, I can focus on buying just premium packs and every card will have its use.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also i can't recommend anyone buy the UT packs. A premium pack is the equivalent of 2 euro in ea points. The 2 premium packs i opened earlier were good but no fighter or signature moves. Just a 4 star leg kick with a nice permanent boost to kick stats. Would be sickened if i paid 4 euro for them. The UT packs are very over priced (real money) imo.

Its like I discussed last week - Its the exact same EA model that they have for UT in FIFA, you spend money in the hope of getting big players then get a load of crap and have wasted real money or a load of coins you have saved up for from playing matches. Same applies here, EA know a certain percentage will pay real money over earning coins from in game so they just sit back and watch the money come in.

New UT pack now live for FN Mir vs Hunt. Only 2 decent moves that most likely won't pop but for a crazy 10k coins. Huge increase over the beta pricing. The Mir kimura takedown reversal is class out but no can i spend 10k on a pack.

Check out @EASPORTSUFC's Tweet: https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/710978608647565312?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This game is so much fun. I only played for a few hours today and obviously still have loads to learn, but the ground game improvements are massive and really stand out to me. It'll feel great when I eventually master everything.

Struggling with Ultimate Team. I'm not sure if its because I'm using a slow fighter or something else. I'm great in quick fight with the normal guys.

Might make a knew fighter in a higher weigh were speed isn't such a huge deal.

Just won the Ultimate Team LW belt. I'm 5-1 online and 3-0 offline. Using a karate style, good kicks, weak chin, nice bjj transitions and reversals.

Full vid of the title fight. I'm disappointed with myself in the 2nd round, he kept spamming spinning ****, should have parried more but thank feck for my +10 chin and +15 stamina boost I applied before the fight. I don't think either of us expected that finish :pac: I'm gonna pull an Aldo and get 'injured' so I can enjoy my belt for a little while longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are the clinches better now, worst part of the last game.

Advertisement