Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company posting without rep account

Options
  • 07-07-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

While fully aware of the lengths the mods and admins have to go to stop boards from turning into a shillfest, is there any place for a company owner/rep (provided they have established their identity with the management)to post on the site without incurring a ban/sanction.

Having previously enquired about a rep account, the cost simply didn't justify what could be gotten out of the site and I would feel that there are a lot of other people out there who would be in a similar boat. Could a reduced cost "verified rep lite" be made workable with certain t's & c's, maybe subscription based and limited to discussion/no sales patter.

I ask because I see numerous businesses commented about in various forums to which the owners have no right of reply (without paying out for a rep account) which seems a little unfair especially if the comments are incorrect or derogatory. Could anything be done?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Companies do have a limited right of reply without the need for a verified rep account. The office in the past have posted responses/rebuttals from companies on threads where they were being discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

We are happy to offer a right of reply for companies that are looking to tackle something that's been said about them, email hello@boards.ie with a link to the comment(s) in question and we can talk to you about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Chiorino wrote: »
    While fully aware of the lengths the mods and admins have to go to stop boards from turning into a shillfest, is there any place for a company owner/rep (provided they have established their identity with the management)to post on the site without incurring a ban/sanction.

Having previously enquired about a rep account, the cost simply didn't justify what could be gotten out of the site and I would feel that there are a lot of other people out there who would be in a similar boat. Could a reduced cost "verified rep lite" be made workable with certain t's & c's, maybe subscription based and limited to discussion/no sales patter.

I ask because I see numerous businesses commented about in various forums to which the owners have no right of reply (without paying out for a rep account) which seems a little unfair especially if the comments are incorrect or derogatory. Could anything be done?

If you look on the wedding forum currently there is a thread where someone posted making pretty serious allegations about a hotel. The hotel in question posted a response and they were verified by the Boards team without an official rep account.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Thanks for the replies guys. I personally never had cause to defend my company but what got me thinking was the following thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057440936.

I happened to know some of those involved in the market and decided to let them know about it (not knowing that they would reply as they did as I would have told them it would be frowned upon). Good to know that the ability to reply is there.

I take it this would require at least pre-approval from the office or do any posts have to actually be made via the office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

It comes from us in the office, yea. Unless we've approved it, it'll get nuked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement