Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't understand Train the Trainer Assignments

Options
  • 07-07-2015 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi everyone,

So I purchased an online train the trainer course with Chevron Training and I'm having a hard time with the assignments. They're really unclear and the tutor I was assigned has been no help. I emailed asking a few questions and he emailed back saying 'It's really not that difficult if you read the brief.' And attached another copy of the brief. I have read it, plus all the course notes but I'm still confused.

Has anyone done this before? I'm stuck on assignment 2 where you are supposed to make a program ouline/lesson plan. The brief says:

This is to demonstrate the ability of the learner to set clear achievable objectives for a training programme incorporating relevant pedagogical theories and appropriate teaching resources. This assignment will also assess the learner’s ability to plan a structured programme that is relevant to an identified group, as well as incorporating in a practical way adult learning styles through method of delivery.
    Learners are required to design a six session programme outline/lesson plan for an identifiable target group.

Am I supposed to make up a program/topic on what the lesson is about? This is literally all the brief says. Who is the identifiable target group?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It sounds like you have to deliver a lesson plan for a teaching module that has six sessions.

This plan, it seems, should incorporate the use of relevant therioes and practices to teach adult learners.

Simples. :D

You would really want to clarify with your own tutor that this is the case. To put it another way, rather than ask him "what should I do" instead say "here's what I am going to do. Is it correct?"

• Registered Users Posts: 36 pearbelle

Hi Tigger1603
    I am doing the same course from the same provider and am having the same problem.......i think the relevant group is the group from assisnment that depending on which case study you chose to take and if this is the case should i assume that the presentations follow on from this as well .......

Advertisement