Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity services in Waterford regional hospital

Options
  • 07-07-2015 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am trying to decide where to give birth and have heard mixed reviews about Waterford regional hospital. I would really appreciate any experience good or bad?? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Can't say enough good things about them myself. 2 dealings with them and they'd bend over backwards for ya no questions asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Can't say enough good things about them myself. 2 dealings with them and they'd bend over backwards for ya no questions asked.

^^^^^
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

My wife & i had 4 and all was good, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I've never heard a complaint from any of the people I know who have had babies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

don't go with the domino midwives anyway and you should be ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    i second that, they stuck my missus and my newborn daughter at the time in with the ward with the women who were having difficulties with there pregnancies now that was insensitive, one girl on the ward even lost her baby FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭kaef

it's grand if you like to be treated like a stupid monkey. They don't give you any details as they believe every mother on the ward finished education in primary school. All they can say after every scan, every lab, every test is: ""oh, it's ok. You're gonna be fine". Completly no medical information for the patient even if you ask for. After third visit on OP7 we were sure that they just stick to the routine and follow basic procedures. Everything diffrent is a big mystery for staff.

Advertisement