Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Open 2015 - St Andrews - July 16th-19th *mod warning #201*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Did Jordan Speith refer to himself in the 3rd person? That's a paddling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

Pdoghue wrote: »
    It is the ignorance to believe that everyone would be proud to be included as British.

Give it a break. Nobody really cares. Dunne got a great reception yesterday. Besides Ireland is in the British Isles so technically he was right.

As usual people want to winge over nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,177 ✭✭✭✭josip

The two Irish having the worst rounds

They're still considerably better than Lingmerth and Martin who were +5 for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

I might stick a few quid on Johnson to take the sting out of it if he wins.

josip wrote: »
    They're still considerably better than Lingmerth and Martin who were +5 for the day.

I thought that was a bit of hyperbole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

valoren wrote: »
    If Zach wins this, I'll start going to Mass again. Will do wonders for the HC. :)

Maybe we could collectively pray Zach doesn't win it, surely JC would have to heed our combined will? Literally anyone but Zach and a preference against Speith also.

Jesus on a coffee break- Johnson bunkers it!

Johnson may need a ladder to get out of that bunker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Johnson in a bit of trouble

Maybe we could collectively pray Zach doesn't win it, surely JC would have to heed our combined will? Literally anyone but Zach and a preference against Speith also.

Let's pick a god each! I'll go for the elephant

• Advertisement

Hard luck for that birdie putt Dunne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Oh dear 100 feet and then 20 past!

Nothing dropping for Dunne but he's doing all right.

Spieth putts off the green!!!!!

Johnson hits a good bunker shot.

Right Leishman is going on my- allowed to win list.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

A whisker away for Dunne, unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

efb wrote: »
    Jesus on a coffee break- Johnson bunkers it!

Coffee break over. Miraculous escape.

Great shot by Garcia- come on Sergio

Ha Zach drops one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

YES! Johnson is human!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

My thoughts on the mislabeling as British: while there is historical tension between the two islands, there is also great affinity. And something we perhaps don't often acknowledge is that the English rather like the Irish. So when Mark James said what he did - and I heard it as "British", rather than "British Isles" - I think he was demonstrating genuine compassion for someone he identified with; not "claiming" him. All the headlines said, BBC claims Dunne as British. But I don't know how many times we were told by Beeb commentators that all of Greystones in Ireland would be united in their support, etc.

• Advertisement

Speith a bit petulant?

Spieth 4 putts and that could be him gone.......maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

The could be one of the worst putting display on a hole I have seen from Spieth!

Sergiooooooo.......back to one behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Thought Speith had a more even temperament than that.

Sergio one away!

It explains why I'm so bad at golf, Sergio got all the golf talent that day!

qweerty wrote: »
    My thoughts on the mislabeling as British: while there is historical tension between the two islands, there is also great affinity. And something we perhaps don't often acknowledge is that the English rather like the Irish. So when Mark James said what he did - and I heard it as "British", rather than "British Isles" - I think he was demonstrating genuine compassion for someone he identified with; not "claiming" him. All the headlines said, BBC claims Dunne as British. But I don't know how many times we were told by Beeb commentators that all of Greystones in Ireland would be united in their support, etc.

yes us Irish can tend to have a chip on our shoulder in this respect sometimes. Greystones was mentioned at least ten times yesterday by BBC on tv.

glasso wrote: »
    yes us Irish can tend to have a chip on our shoulder in this respect sometimes. Greystones was mentioned at least ten times yesterday by BBC on tv.

Yes, agreed. Were the ones who were jumping up and down even watching the coverage???

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Not as much coverage being given to the Irish lads now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

qweerty wrote: »

I think you're right, but also missing the point about James being totally ignorant of the situation - he dug the hole bigger for himself in his 'apology' today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

HighLine wrote: »
    The could be one of the worst putting display on a hole I have seen from Spieth!

Saw him putting it all over the place on the practice putting green.....not a good omen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

stockdam wrote: »
    Spieth 4 putts and that could be him gone.......maybe

Double?

efb wrote: »
    Sergio one away!

It explains why I'm so bad at golf, Sergio got all the golf talent that day!

would love to see Sergio do it. That guy deserves a major.

Sergio in trouble.....probably bunkered.

Sergio in trouble.....probably bunkered.

Hopefully not too bad

• Advertisement

fullstop wrote: »
    Double?

Yes he took a 5 at a par 3 after hitting the green. He was a long way away and the putted off the green. Did he then putt or chip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Yes he took a 5 at a par 3 after hitting the green. He was a long way away and the putted off the green. Did he then putt or chip?

No idea! Haven't seen a shot all day! The PGA app is about 2 holes behind too so it's not easy to know what's happening.

Oh that was sexual by Sergio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

even Phil would be envious

Johnson in a spot of bother now

• Advertisement

Amazing in many ways how Garcia has never won a major (temperament argument notwithstanding)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

fullstop wrote: »
    No idea! Haven't seen a shot all day! The PGA app is about 2 holes behind too so it's not easy to know what's happening.

He had a 36 yard putt. It raced back the hole and went off the green 30ft away. Putted back and went 5ft past. Missed coming back again.

He said or did something walking off the green but I didn't notice what it was.

Amazing in many ways how Garcia has never won a major (temperament argument notwithstanding)

Aye, that's the rub (his temperament)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

You've just explained it in a nutshell - he's a choker.

tobsey wrote: »
    He had a 36 yard putt. It raced back the hole and went off the green 30ft away. Putted back and went 5ft past. Missed coming back again.

He said or did something walking off the green but I didn't notice what it was.

He flung the ball away

Super score by Ashley Chester's. -9 as an amateur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Great par save by PD on 8

Scott looking good.

Pdoghue wrote: »
    You've just explained it in a nutshell - he's a choker.

he even said once (a couple of years ago) that he didn't think he could win one.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2013/04/08/sergio-garcia-masters-frustration-at-augusta-national/2062855/

he looks up for it today tho.

Speith gets one back immediately

• Advertisement
Advertisement