Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 + Horizon Box

Options
  • 07-07-2015 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Evening all, I'm having a horror time trying to get my PS4 onto this Horizon box's Wi-Fi (locations don't suit for Ethernet).

Been on to UPC, they did the usual crap, no joy, resetting router etc, no difference.

Has anyone here any ideas to throw my way? (Don't particularly want to try the DMZ route if I can help it. Very limited knowledge of port forwarding and all that jazz)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

F1ngers wrote: »

Have a pair at home, will be trying them when I head back that direction, won't be for a while though.

I'm not whinging over speeds or anything, the PS4 simply will not connect and it's wrecking my t*ts, just want it to connect at all at this stage. Shouldn't be this difficult. Connects fine to phone hotspot etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

b34mer23 wrote: »
    Have a pair at home, will be trying them when I head back that direction, won't be for a while though.

I'm not whinging over speeds or anything, the PS4 simply will not connect and it's wrecking my t*ts, just want it to connect at all at this stage. Shouldn't be this difficult. Connects fine to phone hotspot etc.

Is the PS4 seeing the router? Are you getting as far as putting in the password and then its just not connecting?

Try move the PS4 right next to the horizon box and see if it works via wifi. Can help tell if its signal problem or the two are just not connecting. Also make sure uPnP is turned on in the horizon boxes settings. Off by default i think

EoinHef wrote: »
    Is the PS4 seeing the router? Are you getting as far as putting in the password and then its just not connecting?

Try move the PS4 right next to the horizon box and see if it works via wifi. Can help tell if its signal problem or the two are just not connecting. Also make sure uPnP is turned on in the horizon boxes settings. Off by default i think

Seeing the router, getting beyond the WEP, then just not connecting. If I try set up connection then it's on "Checking Network Environment" for a few minutes then times out. If I try test connection then it finds the IP, then hangs on 'Internet Connection' before timing out.

Signal strength is routinely in mid 80s/low 90s whenever I try test the connection on the console. Does work off ethernet when I tried in the main room.

Have uPnP turned on also.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Thats unusual. Would you be comfortable changing the password from WEP to something like WPA/WPA2?

Are you using the easy setup option? You could use manual setup and also give the PS4 a static IP to see if that helps

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Thats unusual. Would you be comfortable changing the password from WEP to something like WPA/WPA2?

Are you using the easy setup option? You could use manual setup and also give the PS4 a static IP to see if that helps

I think it is WPA/WPA2 now you mention it, WEP is just short hand for "wi-fi password" in my head!

I've gone through both, but hadn't tried the static IP. I'll give it a lash later, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭bladetrinity

b34mer23 wrote: »
    I think it is WPA/WPA2 now you mention it, WEP is just short hand for "wi-fi password" in my head!

I've gone through both, but hadn't tried the static IP. I'll give it a lash later, cheers.

Hi m8 did you get it sorted if not I could help you out just go through the checklist
    Very important on ps4 go to settings -network-
    Tick box -connect to Internet
    Then go to setup Internet connection-use wi-fi
    Try easy instead of custom
    Also underneath your horizon box are 2 passwords 1 is for 2.5 ghz and 1is for 5 ghz you use the 2.5 ghz said password

Advertisement