Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd level course suggestions

Options
  • 07-07-2015 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hey,

im going into 6th year now and am unsure about what to put down for my cao options, i want to do a level 8 degree, i have 3 broad groups in mind - teaching, social science and a fitness or physio related degree.

my reasons for each are

teaching - long holidays and i like kids, ive worked in playschools and schools and found it fine.

social science - i would feel good working with people and really helping them, not sure if i would really like this after a few years though...

fitness - i would love to do sports physio focusing in sports players or things like that, not to sound mean but i wouldnt feel interested at all in helping old people with physio or recovering from serious ingeries, but i dont know what course i could do to achieve a more sports based physio, i would also love to do a course that allows me to work with sports people or dancers to allow them to perform better or to improve their body and ability but do not know what course i could do for that either.

any feedback appreciated thanks for reading!

(new to this site sorry if i post this in the wrong place)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Having long holidays is not a reason to want a particular job. Have a read of the Teaching/Lecturing forum to get a real taste of how bad things are in teaching these days.

I can't really comment on the other two options.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 melkat

On reading your post it seems like you have a preference for sports science/physiotherapy. That'd make for a very interesting course and career if you really like fitness and sports. This area is booming lately, with MMA becoming mainstream and "regular" people training and wanting the fitness levels of professional athletes. I'd say you wouldn't regret studying it and if I could go back in time i'd have studied something similar and may do so in the future.

End of the day; it's your choice! That's just my two cents.

Advertisement