Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbour's dog barking constantly. Help!

• 07-07-2015 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

For the past week now it has been barking all night! It's actually ridiculous. I assume it's my neighbour's - as the dog is actually outside the front of their house and sticks to that area of the estate. I don't see it around at all during the day, but about 10pm until 4am (even longer), there are bouts of barking echoing throughout the estate. What can I do about this? I don't know the neighbours and I'm not good with confrontation, so I don't think I can ask them in person to put their bloody dog in without offence!

I recorded a video, but am under 25 posts so cannot share. There's howling and all sorts. It's still barking away as I type this. It's too much to listen too honestly and on top of being a nuisance, keeping it locked out in the front is plain cruel. Help is appreciated. I'm in Limerick. I searched some previous posts but they all said to contact DSPCA, which is no use to me. I am unsure if the ISPCA is too general for complaints like so?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

You've five choices.
    1. Put up with it.
    2. Complain to the local dog warden that the neighbour's dog is not on the owner's property during the night... they may call to the neighbours to rattle their cage. This works in many (not all) cases.
    3. Contact the local SPCA and ask if they'd approach the neighbours to check on the dog's welfare, another cage-rattling approach and one which, to me at least, has almost no teeth.
    4. Do what has to be done to find out who owns the dog (ask other neighbours, perhaps?), let the owner know their dog is creating a nuisance noise either face-to-face or via a letter, then get onto your local council to get a report form for making an official complaint which may end up in court.
    5. Find out who owns the dog, and approach them just to make them aware there's a problem, and could they please keep their dog in at night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

Thank you! It's 2am and the dog is still barking... It's exhausting to hear and almost distressing at this stage. I hope the poor thing is OK! I'll look up #2 and #3 tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

<snip>
    Nope. Not for this forum. Not even in jest.
    Do not reply to this edit on-thread.
    DBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

<snip>
    As above

Advertisement