Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud storage

• 07-07-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Can anyone help I synced my iPhone 6 from my 5. (5 was bigger memory than 6) and I have 200gb on my iCloud, but I'm constantly getting messages that my storage is full. And lots of my music is on my phone but not downloaded if that makes sense? I'm wondering if there's a way to put everything on my 6 into iCloud? It's still says I have 171gb of iCloud storage left.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Head over to settings > general > usage > manage storage to find out what's going up so much space.

My guess: photos and videos. And if so, you can move those over to the cloud by using iCloud Photo Library, and choosing Optimise Storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mozies

See when I first set up the 6 all my pics and videos came over from the 5 and I ended up deleting over a thousand pics and its still the same story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

There's a deleted pictures folder, they might be in there. Try emptying it. But definitely do head over to settings > general > usage > manage storage to find out what's taking up so much space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭unichick

Hello, I have a similar query & can't figure out how to upload music to icloud or PC.
    I have an iphone 5, music is 7.1GB of my storage used (12GB).

I'm a bit of a technophobe. Asked in the carphone warehouse but they said I'd need to hook up to a PC to do it.

Some of my music is not downloaded from iTunes. How do I store it elsewhere but have access to it on my phone?

Grateful of any advice.

Mozies hope you got sorted. Technology baffles me at times!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The back ups from your old phones may still be there. Delete them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply kceire . How do I delete them? Sorry I'm a bit clueless with technology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm sure kceire reply was for the op. I could be wrong but I think you need iTunes Match to do what you want unichick

I see iTunes match is €24.99 a year. Is there a way of getting it for free or any other method that would be free? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

unichick wrote: »
    I see iTunes match is €24.99 a year. Is there a way of getting it for free or any other method that would be free? Thanks.

Google play music app does the same as iTunes Match but is free, download it on your PC/Mac and it will sync your iTunes library to cloud and the the you can then stream it using the google music app on iPhone or android or web browser.

Thank you so much Armonline. I'll try this option. Hopefully my storage issue will be sorted then. Thanks again all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Forgot all about google music. They allow uptight 20,000 songs so you should be good. Just be aware though if you don't have unlimited data you could run into high bills.

Hi, I'm afraid I'm stuck again! How do I upload items that weren't downloaded from iTunes on my iphone? I managed to upload over 200 songs to google play but I'm guessing these one are from iTunes. I have a lot more on my iphone! Sorry clueless here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Has anyone found anymore information on the new iCloud storage plans?

The keynote mentioned that there was some new structures, .99c for 50gb.

It appears the new plans haven't reached Ireland yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

eeloe wrote: »
    Has anyone found anymore information on the new iCloud storage plans?

The keynote mentioned that there was some new structures, .99c for 50gb.

It appears the new plans haven't reached Ireland yet?

I don’t think they are live anywhere yet. Probably when iOS 9 is released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It’s not free, but if you subscribe to Apple Music, you get (basically) the same functionality as iTunes Match.

Hi, I'm afraid I'm stuck again! How do I upload items that weren't downloaded from iTunes on my iphone? I managed to upload over 200 songs to google play but I'm guessing these one are from iTunes. I have a lot more on my iphone! Sorry clueless here.

On your PC:Mac running iTunes make sure you down load a local copy of these albums so that the google sync can then upload agin to google music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkslide

Armonline wrote: »
    Google play music app does the same as iTunes Match but is free, download it on your PC/Mac and it will sync your iTunes library to cloud and the the you can then stream it using the google music app on iPhone or android or web browser.

Actually, not exactly. And I just found out today when I tried to listen to the Beatles on Apple Music (from my own library in iTunes) the tracks were greyed out. And because they don't have the artist available for the subscription service, I can can't stream them from the service even though I have the files on iTunes.

Something you can do on Goole Music.

Darkslide wrote: »
    Actually, not exactly. And I just found out today when I tried to listen to the Beatles on Apple Music (from my own library in iTunes) the tracks were greyed out. And because they don't have the artist available for the subscription service, I can can't stream them from the service even though I have the files on iTunes.

I have Apple Music and Beatles plays fine from my own iTunes collection

Darkslide wrote: »

There's a problem with your setup. Maybe the files didn't finish uploading to iCloud Music Library. All my Beatles albums stream to my other devices just fine.

Advertisement