Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15 Year old looking for part time job

• 08-07-2015 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I was wondering if there are any part time jobs for a 15 year old in Carlow town? I love cooking and working at home im really friendly and im a really hard worker overall, I love sport and im not lazy what so ever I have expierience with baby sitting :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

What's the legal working age these days? I know when I was 14 I was picking fruit for SFA out near Ballon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/starting_work_and_changing_job/young_people_at_work/rights_of_young_workers.html
    It defines children as being aged under 16 and young persons refers to those aged 16 and 17. You can read more information in our document on working hours and rest breaks for children and young people.

Children
    Under the Act, employers cannot employ children aged under 16 in regular full-time jobs. Children aged 14 and 15 may be employed as follows:

Doing light work during the school holidays – they must have at least 21 days off work during this time
    As part of an approved work experience or educational programme where the work is not harmful to their health, safety or development
    In film, cultural, advertising work or sport under licences issued by the Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation (pdf)
    Children aged 15 may do 8 hours a week light work in school term time. The maximum working week for children outside school term time is 35 hours or up to 40 hours if they are on approved work experience.

Advertisement