Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Looking for good value Leathers

• 08-07-2015 5:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello, thanks for reading.

I'm 6 ,7 and looking to buy two piece leathers. Value for money is central. Any guidance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:eek:...6'7......thats a cow and a half....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have a look at louis.ie
    The Probiker range which is there own brand is very good value.
    Pants 99.95
    Jackets from 199.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Rst is prob the best bang for your book. Their two piece stuff is good quality and triple stiched.
    You can mix and match their textile range with their leathers too. I have one of their textile jackets and it zips to my rst leather bottoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah the RST leathers are well worth the money, and its the same quality as DAINESE. As was said triple stitched with 1.3 to 1.4 mm leather sure RST actually repair DAINESE leathers in Europe!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DukeKevin

Thanks guys , all good advice.

• Advertisement

If you can hold out you can get custom fitted for leathers at the NEC bike show in Birmingham in any colour combination for really cheap. I could not believe it when I was there, I did not even need leathers and I was so close to getting a set.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If you can hold out you can get custom fitted for leathers at the NEC bike show in Birmingham in any colour combination for really cheap. I could not believe it when I was there, I did not even need leathers and I was so close to getting a set.

Whats "really cheap"...are we talking those asian leather "bike" gear sellers...??

Whats "really cheap"...are we talking those asian leather "bike" gear sellers...??

No it was a good online store selling very good kit, it was plain looking but would do the job iirc it was £199 sterling for a set leathers.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    No it was a good online store selling very good kit, it was plain looking but would do the job iirc it was £199 sterling for a set leathers.

WOW...199 for custom made leathers....thats sounds good

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Another vote for RST. I have them as to loads of others - very popular for a reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

One last tip, since you say money is an issue — don't rule out newsed/secondhand? You'll often get mid-life crisis bikers who rush out and buy all the gear brand new, then have their first off, or just go off the idea of biking, and a year later they're flogging off their leathers and other gear which has seen almost zero use. If you keep an eye on the UK eBay site — a far bigger choice than the Irish one — and use ParcelMotel you can get some real bargains.

I picked up a very decent Buffalo leather jacket for about £50 and Hein Gericke pants for £25, in mint condition. Just about nicely broken in, actually! :D Admittedly I'm a much more "average" build — 5'9", 42" chest, and there's lots more available secondhand in M/L/XL. You might be waiting and watching a bit longer for something in your size...!

I'm a Spyke man, have two sets of 2 piece and 1 one piece, fit like a glove off the peg great leather and very comfy..
    Bought the one-piece on ebay cause i knew it would fit....and it did...perfect.. £199

Advertisement