Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fast cat for thyroid blood test?

• 08-07-2015 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,

I forgot to ask vet if my Hyperthyroid cat needs to fast before giving bloods today to check her thyroid levels. (I have fasted her as wasn't sure). She is on Felimazole and I am also not sure if I have to give today's dose which is due now. Can anyone help as I am due to bring her in when the vet opens at 10?
    Trying to find answers in google also.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Thyroid bloods are non-fasting - I know that from having a thyroid problem myself :p My dog is hypo and again doesn't have to fast but the bloods have to be 4-6 hours post pill

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Nightingale

Hiya Tk123,

I went to the vet but hadn't given her the tablet as again I wasn't sure if I had to - so I have to go back tomorrow!

The vet said the same to me there about the timing but then came back before I left and said it doesn't matter for her so that's good at least.

Thanks for the reply :-)

Advertisement