Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Benefit review forms

Options
  • 08-07-2015 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I have gotten two review forms since my 2nd child's birth 10 months ago asking to confirm their and my details and provide doctors and child care details. Anyone else getting this or do I need to make a phone call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

No, I got one yesterday, its to stop fraud. If you don't fill it in your payment is stopped...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

No, I get them as well. It's to prevent fraud. If someone is no longer living at an address (moved abroad etc) then they won't get the letter and the payment stops.

Perfectly sensible policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wtwasithinkin

I totally understand why they are sent. 2 in a 10 month period a bit excessive IMO. I thought maybe they were targeting me. Just wanted to know if everyone was getting them as frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Getting them every few months. Wish they would just link up with revenue and check my continuing prsi and tax payments. But i get why they do it, and fair enough.

most annoying thing is that they count their 'return letter within 21 days' from the date on the letter - but in a lot of cases it seems to take the guts of two weeks for the letter to get to Galway from Letterkenny in the first place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We get them every 6 months. My wife isn't Irish.
    5 minutes to fill it in an pop in a free post envelope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We get them every 6 months. My wife isn't Irish.
    5 minutes to fill it in an pop in a free post envelope

That's actually the bit that annoyed me. No free post envelope. I had to pay for postage like a schmuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

pwurple wrote: »
    That's actually the bit that annoyed me. No free post envelope. I had to pay for postage like a schmuck.

I get them every 6 months too (I'm not Irish)
    I just write FREEPOST before the Letterkenny address on an ordinary envelope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

alf66 wrote: »
    I get them every 6 months too (I'm not Irish)
    I just write FREEPOST before the Letterkenny address on an ordinary envelope.

Yep, the postage is free (I paid a couple of times too :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wtwasithinkin

I've a non national friend who has to fill out forms every 6 months. I thought maybe it was related to our gp visit card renewal date chinning up or maybe a change in martial status or something.
    Thanks for free post tip...I'd bought a stamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

pwurple wrote: »

As was said . just write free post on the address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I don't think that it matters if you're Irish or not. I'm getting them very frequently too. Just pop and return. However, I've returned them on time before but have had payment stopped because they had a backlog to process (they're words) so now I follow them up with a phone call.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yeah, I got one recently too. Routine I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Haven't had one in a while, have had 3/4 in the 6 years I've been receiving Child Benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

We are in Australia but, still get child benefit (legitimately) and they send them to us, with the return within 21 days thing as well, and often they don't arrive to us until after the 21 days anyway. Stupid system for people who are not currently in Ireland.

Advertisement