Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird sound issue on PC build

Options
  • 08-07-2015 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

So I built a new PC a few months ago, and I have been having a weird issue.

When i start the PC, sometimes the audio out is absolute crap with static overlay. When I reboot it is gone. Sometimes it takes two reboots.

But it doesn't happen every time. It also seems to happen either on 3.5 jack or Optical SPDIF.

This is all connected to an ancient Creative Labs Amp, that has various upmix settings etc [that I ignore]. However I have had other machines/PIs etc connected via 3.5 jack and I dont get any of these problems.

Unfortunately I currently dont have another set of speakers to try any troubleshooting with.

Anyone have any ideas on anything in the Windows Sound setings that might cause this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Connect directly without the amp?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Speakers are COAX so cant do that at the moment.

Ill probably look at either borrowing a set from someone or just picking up a cheap pair for the time being.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

have you tried using headphones to see if the problem still exists?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    have you tried using headphones to see if the problem still exists?

Jesus I am a dumbass. Ill get to that this week.

[I feel like a complete idiot]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Shougeki wrote: »
    Jesus I am a dumbass. Ill get to that this week.

[I feel like a complete idiot]

Dont worry i wouldnt have thought about it only i had the headphones dangling out of the pc here haha

• Advertisement

I also have front and rear 3.5 out jacks that i didn't even think of testing.....

Advertisement