Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Restaurant on Prussia St

Options
  • 08-07-2015 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Anybody been whats the food like?
    Many thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is that the one beside the credit union?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Yep it sounds like a spanish name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Is it Boquería?

From http://gourmetgrazing.ie/new-tapas-restaurant-coming-to-stoneybatter/

"The tapas restaurant takes inspiration from the traditional eateries of Barcelona with a re-imagined tapas and gastro experience"

It does sound somewhat like tapas, only pretentious :-D I should probably reserve judgement until I actually try it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Another restaurant has opened up there? I really wish them the best of luck.

Soulful looks let as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It looks fairly expensive for tapas, but then the area is getting increasingly gentrified by the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

tapas in Dublin always make me laugh and cry in equal measure, they cost from free to €3 in Spain whereas €8-€10 a plate seems to be the norm for them in Dublin. As to how some places think a plate of potatoes in tomato sauce (patatas bravas) is worth €8 is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

^ that's my issue with tapas in Ireland. They're often grand, but for the amount that you need to eat to feel like you've actually eaten, you're always paying way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I cant imagine many from Drumalee would be going for Tapas :)

I cant imagine many from Drumalee would be going for Tapas :)

Far from Tapas you were reard😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I ate there recently - I'd call it tapas-style rather than traditional tapas. The food is really quite good and makes use of lots of Irish ingredients. Great wine list as well. At the end of the night, the chef came out and personally spoke to each table, which I liked.

I think it's open for brunch now on Saturdays and Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

I was there. It's super. Not cheap but incredible food. Good for a special occasion. There were two of us and we were hungry so we got 6 dishes. The risotto, crab cakes and smoked mackerel were out of this world. Two desserts and two glasses of win. 70 euros. But top quality grub. We were pleasantly full.

It was pretty busy. The staff are sound. very friendly and chatty. Well worth a splurge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

it's not a tapas bar as Dudara says more a dining establishment - hence the boqueria handle. For tapas you want the Port house .

Advertisement