Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Korean skincare products

Options
  • 08-07-2015 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen these pop up on a few blogs lately. Anyone using anything they'd recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

lazygal wrote: »
    I've seen these pop up on a few blogs lately. Anyone using anything they'd recommend?

I am a huge fan of Korean(and Japanese) skincare products! I can recommend a few bits and pieces but if you can give me your skin type I could tailor a few rec's towards your skin.

Anyway the Korean skincare products I have atm that I can recommend are:
    - Benton Snailbee High Content Essence: It's an essence(aka serum) that contains snail mucus, bee venom, Arbutin and Adenosine. I have dehydrated - combination acne prone skin(a bit of a mouthful!) and it has done wonders on my breakouts, skin tone, dry skin. It's a miracle serum and 10/10 would recommend to anyone with any sort of skin problems.

- Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX: It's a sleeping pack(a face mask that you put on before bed) that is good for providing a HUGE amount of moisture in your face. Put it on before bed, let it soak into your skin and in the morning your skin is lovely and moisturised(and soft too!).

- Etude House Honey sheet mask(yellow packet): A healing and moisturising sheet mask that is really good on the skin. Literally smells and feels like real honey.

- Tonymoly Floria Brightening Peeling Gel: An exfoliating gel, that rubs off as soon as you apply it. Great for exfoliating your face(and not harsh which is a bonus!)

- Konjac sponge: Not strictly Korean, but amazing for exfoliating gently. The only problem is you need to dry it properly or it will get mouldy. All you need is to wet the sponge til soft and rub in gentle circles.

If you are interested in Taiwanese and Japanese skincare items I can recommend some stuff too?
    Also, I would recommend to anyone wanting to start with Korean/Japanese/Asian skincare to start with 2 items(to dip your toes), a sheet mask and a suncream/bb cream. That way you aren't dropping a huge amount of money(not that asian cosmetics are expensive, if anything they are very reasonably priced) on stuff you may or may not like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I have a small bit of an oily t-zone, the rest of my skin isn't too bad. Maybe a little dry and I have a few fine lines appearing unfortunately.

I have a small bit of an oily t-zone, the rest of my skin isn't too bad. Maybe a little dry and I have a few fine lines appearing unfortunately.

Well, I can definitely rec the snailbee essence and the Laneige cream. If you want to try a sheet mask, My Beauty Diary do amazing ones(they aren't Korean but Taiwanese and are AMAZING!). I can recommend the Imperial Bird's nest, it moisturises(with hyaluronic acid) and brightens and helps make your skin look radiant.

I've heard wonders about Missha's First time essence and Night repair essence. Along with Mizon returning star fish cream, which has extracts of star fish and is apparently really good for fine lines and signs of aging. Another cream I have heard good things about is Missha Immortal Youth cream(although it could be too rich for your skin - see if you can purchase a sample and give it a go).

If you want to try Japanese products as well I can also recommend Kohaku-hada lotion: http://www.ratzillacosme.com/skin/kohakuhada-lotion/ . I switched from it to a different lotion and I can't wait til it's finished so I can move back.

ETA: Reddit has a really good subreddit for Asian cosmetics, with Holy Grail lists etc. It's r/Asianbeauty

That's great! Thanks for all the information.

That's great! Thanks for all the information.

No worries, if you need any more rec's feel free to PM me also keep an eye on the "Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews" thread, as everytime I get more Asian cosmetics, I'll post in there what I think of them.

Also I forgot to mention, there is a Vitamin C serum you can get by a brand called C20. I have heard nothing but praise for it. It's very good for brightening skin tone, nourishing etc. It's called 21.5 and wishtrend have a deal on it for $24.99

Depending on what you are getting(should you choose to get stuff), eBay is the best place starting off. The stuff can be slightly dearer(or cheaper) than buying from specific sites but you have the buyer protection, feedback and faster shipping than the other sites like Jolse, wishtrend etc. The only reason I would buy from the specific sites is if I knew what I was looking for specifically and if I wanted extra samples(most sellers on eBay give you a few samples but the specific sites tend to give more samples)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Hi Umekichi

If you have a preferred EBay seller for the Benton Snailbee High Content Essence, would you mind PM'ing me their name?

Thanks!

Sheela wrote: »
    Hi Umekichi

If you have a preferred EBay seller for the Benton Snailbee High Content Essence, would you mind PM'ing me their name?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, sending a pm now!

Umekichi wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay, sending a pm now!

Could you pm me too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Thanks a mil Umekichi

Could you pm me too please?

Sending one now!