Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat holding account

Options
  • 08-07-2015 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello

I have a Small business account with BOFI. Is it possible to setup a separate 'vat holding' account to which I can transfer vat due.  The account doesn't need any bells or whistles, just a place to park vat moneies while awaiting payment.

Obviously, I don't want to create a whole new bank account and have to pay all the associated charges.

Cheers
    Yazza    

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 YazzaMan

I'm hoping for a 'sub-account' or 'account folder' solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon YazzaMan, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie.

Yes, this is certainly possible. To arrange this please contact your Business Relationship Manager within your branch who will be happy to help you get this set up. 

You can book an appointment with your branch here on our website. 

We hope this helps and if we can assist you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Thanks Elaine, I will do.

Can you tell me are there any additional charges associated with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi YazzaMan, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

As there are many options available for you, your Relationship Manager will be able to discuss this with you and tailor the right product or service to your needs. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Thanks for that, I just spoke to a very helpful guy (Thomas) in my branch (Salthill).  He'll be able to set up a sub holding account, that doesn't have any charges.   Through banking365 I'll be able to pass money to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

YazzaMan wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I just spoke to a very helpful guy (Thomas) in my branch (Salthill).  He'll be able to set up a sub holding account, that doesn't have any charges.   Through banking365 I'll be able to pass money to it.
    Hi YazzaMan,

That's great to hear. Thanks for getting in touch and if there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Sharon

Advertisement