Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

Celticlily wrote: »
    Guess it's not for today...just realised something. We've been talking together for a year, are about to step into hell together and we don't even know each other. What's your name and where are ye all from ?
    My Name is Isaac Power 19 from Kilkenny !!, Yea hopefully we hear something this week !!, cause the recruitment competition has opened up again and the closing date is 22nd of May !

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RYANWHELAN15

Lets say god forbid ! We dont get called for the 48 new class would we really have to re apply and start it all over again or are we kept on the list from last year ??

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

I'm Lily from Cork (well ish) and I am 21.
    If we don't get in with this class we'll have to reapply...

Well is there really any reason why we shouldn't get in cause if we didn't I think they would have notified us by know !Like it's been a year and a half since we all applied and we didn't get rejected

I think we would now by now if we had failed. I wanted to give them a buzz but to be honest I'm not sure they would pick up the phone or answer the question.

• Advertisement

Its great we are still in the running for it ..... just thinking how many extra they have with the 48 they only need fingers crossed it will work out for us all

Yea I tried sending them an email not to long ago and I didn't get anything back off them !! I think the people that did the medical a few weeks ago are needed to fill the class , but tbh I don't know !!😞

IP2015 wrote: »
    Yea I tried sending them an email not to long ago and I didn't get anything back off them !! I think the people that did the medical a few weeks ago are needed to fill the class , but tbh I don't know !!😞

That sounds good to me ! Hopefully 2mor is the day !

I may email them...I have no hope of getting an answer but who knows.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Patiently awaiting

I may email them...I have no hope of getting an answer but who knows.....

We have to stay positive we will make, hopefully we will hear something today .

• Advertisement

I did email them :D Today could be the day guys ! Would be great to finally meet you all ;)

I did email them :D Today could be the day guys ! Would be great to finally meet you all ;)

Any reply as of yet ? Thanks :)

Well nearly had a heart attack when my phone went off...to realize it was you ;) Nope no reply from them. Stress level is over the roof now.....really hoping that we will hear back this week.

Was thinking earlier that they always give a two weeks notice so they probably will email on Friday or worst...Monday...

Well nearly had a heart attack when my phone went off...to realize it was you ;) Nope no reply from them. Stress level is over the roof now.....really hoping that we will hear back this week.

Was thinking earlier that they always give a two weeks notice so they probably will email on Friday or worst...Monday...

Opps sorry about that ! It cant be much longer now : )best of luck again !

Might give them a buzz tomorrow ;) Just to know if we can have any information on the day we'll get the email

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tk95

Hey guys! Contacted them today under a Facebook post on the recruitment page and asked when would everyone be likely to hear whether they have been successful or not and the page replied that everyone would recieve correspondence after the closing date (May 22nd). I asked would it be much longer after that until everyone would be told and they said about 7-10 days after that date. Another 2 weeks or so but hopefully it's good news! :-)

So there is no class starting on the 30th of May ?!?! Cause then it would be too late. They have to give us two weeks notice for work. Did you specify the 2015 competition ??

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Yeah it sounds like they meant the 2016 competition. Because for the 2016 competition you receive word of progression to the next stage 7 to ten days after the closing date.

I had a tiny fright there =) I don't wanna wait another month or two before hearing back from them.

Yea that seems a bit late I thought they usually gave us 2-3 weeks notice , if not then looks like there will be more waiting , yet again !!

• Advertisement

Yeah I asked when would applicants who had previously entered the competition last year get feedback and I was told nobody would hear anything until after the closing date for all applicants! I presume there's not a class starting the very end of the month with that short notice..

Go on to the Irish Defence Forces Recruitment page on facebook and follow all the Navy updates! :-)

Just asked under the post they wrote on Facebook about taking a new class at the end of this month if we would hear back this week or next week. May get a bit luckier than with my email. I would say they need to tell us if we're unsuccessful before the closing date so we can reapply if we don't get a position. I find them quite disorganized....they could at least communicate a bit more with us instead of letting us wait like that

I definately thought 2015 competition was only for those who applied first day and class starting end of May for that 48 new class ....... and I thought 2016 comp was a separate recruitment again ??? None the wiser 2ngt ....

They answered my comment saying that all communication will be made via email. Nothing more....

Just asked under the post they wrote on Facebook about taking a new class at the end of this month if we would hear back this week or next week. May get a bit luckier than with my email. I would say they need to tell us if we're unsuccessful before the closing date so we can reapply if we don't get a position. I find them quite disorganized....they could at least communicate a bit more with us instead of letting us wait like that
    Would ya let us know if they get back to ya please ??ðŸ˜႒

IP2015 wrote: »
    Would ya let us know if they get back to ya please ??ðŸ˜႒

Yes ...its mind boggling waiting to see if they are starting a class the end of May or do we re apply again or what ?.?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RyanCork003

Thought i would let ye know asked my buddy whos passing out in recruits soon just there and he said 30th of may there just trying to get the instructors for the class.they said that to the lads today.and ryan cork 21 see ye there soon lads

I reapplied just in case when they opened up the competition. Better safe than sorry. If they are looking for instructors then we might not hear feom them this week.
    Thanks for the update !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

I reapplied as well, just in case something happens. I do hope that a class will be starting soon and I'll get called. Imagine having to do the whole process again.

Advertisement