Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RYANWHELAN15

mrmanor wrote: »
    I reapplied as well, just in case something happens. I do hope that a class will be starting soon and I'll get called. Imagine having to do the whole process again.

Same ... hopefully "OUR " ! class will start end of may ..

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

Has anyone tried to phone them yet ?

Celticlily wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to phone them yet ?

No just hoping for email ! :)

It's horrible, we're all waiting for something to happen this week and there is still a chance that it doesn't happen

It's horrible, we're all waiting for something to happen this week and there is still a chance that it doesn't happen

But there is also a chance that " It does happen also " !!!!! We are still in for the running the story could be a lot worse stay positive it will all work out in the end heres hoping !

• Advertisement

Ah boy the Irish optimism is one of the reasons why I love this country ;) Let's be hopeful so

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

I sent an email today as well. Tried ringing but I think they were closed. I'll mabey try again tomorrow if I can get the time. Fingers crossed we'll all here something soon.

Ah sure getting them on the phone is a nightmare. Whrn I tried to get them in December I was phoning twice a day and. Started ringing them on the Thursday and only got them on the Tuesday...

The navy's recruitment office is quite small, when I was at the fitness test the officer said it was her and an NCO who were the recruitment team. I thought she was joking but mabey it is true.
    The wait really is a killer it's hard to make decisions when you have the navy at the back of your mind.

Exactly. Can't book holidays, change job, get a flat. Everything decision is hard when you know you may have to cancel plans, move to a different flat within the next few weeks and quit your job when you said at the interview you were available for the next 12 months. But it all worthes it at the end.
    That officer was very very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

Exactly. Can't book holidays, change job, get a flat. Everything decision is hard when you know you may have to cancel plans, move to a different flat within the next few weeks and quit your job when you said at the interview you were available for the next 12 months. But it all worthes it at the end.
    That officer was very very nice.

Yea exactly I've told the person I'm working for now that I'm going on the 30th of May so after that I won't have a job !!, So frustrating waiting for an email , but yea exactly we have to stay positive !!

Tick toc .....tic toc ..... a bit of humour is needed I think to calm the nerves !!

I know I'm the same I hate my job and can't wait to give them my notice. But I won't do it until I've received the email tho....

Ah sure humour is the medicine for everything ;)

I sent an email today as well. Tried ringing but I think they were closed. I'll mabey try again tomorrow if I can get the time. Fingers crossed we'll all here something soon.

Just wondering .. any reply from your email ? Thanks

Nope nothing yet. Trying not to check my emails or I'll never get any work done. But hey you never the may get back today.

Well nothing today, not that surprised to be honest. I really hope that it's just they need instructors and that they find them soon. No matter what I'm going to ring tomorrow because I have something coming up and if I go forward with it it's going to cost me a lot. Even if they just told us were in and they are just waiting on instructors, so that we are confirmed and our nerves would be settled.

Right so they got back to me they said that if there were any changes to dates that it would be announced on Facebook and that when the offers are being sent out it will also be posted on Facebook. So from what I read I still think the class is on the 30th.

That looks promising ! hopefully 2mor or monday so if 48 have to start in 2 weeks time !

Oh Gosh hope it's today I don't wanna wait another week end...jumping on my chair every time my phone goes off :) Fingers crossed guys we're nearly there

• Advertisement

Well nothing today, not that surprised to be honest. I really hope that it's just they need instructors and that they find them soon. No matter what I'm going to ring tomorrow because I have something coming up and if I go forward with it it's going to cost me a lot. Even if they just told us were in and they are just waiting on instructors, so that we are confirmed and our nerves would be settled.

Have you rang them yet ?

Tried earlier on my break but no answer, they close at around 4:00 and I have tons to do at work so I don't know if I can today. I'll see if I can take a smaller break now in a few minutes. Anyone else trying to ring, there a torture to get through to.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Arron13

I honestly thought today was going to be the day, this is really starting to get annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Arron13

I honestly thought today was going to be the day, this is really starting to get annoying

Arron13 wrote: »

Has to be Monday ! It wont come half fast enough ......

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

Hey all, Recruit Class Childers are set to pass out on Thursday all going well. I'll try and find out what the story is for you. But I'd imagine you'll get two weeks notice, we did hear May 30th being bashed around.

Best of luck, hope to see you on the other side please God :D

Heres to 2morrow please god there will be news and good news at that .. best of luck to you all

Silly question but anything yet anyone ????

• Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

Silly question but anything yet anyone ????

Nope nothing , probably not today either !!

• Advertisement

IP2015 wrote: »
    Nope nothing , probably not today either !!

Still about another hour to go ....... my past e mails came in around 4.30 to 5 o clock .... just hoping here

Advertisement