Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

I jsut got the phone call :D Over the moon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RyanCork003

Celticlily wrote: »

I missed my phone call from them what did they say ???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tk95

My boyfriend got the call today never felt so happy for anyone before😂 they couldn't get through to him because he was in work so they phoned me so he doesn't actually know yet can't wait to see his face when I tell him😊

They asked me if I wanted the job and said that I would get an email with the details later on today. If there are phoning it means you got it bud

• Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

But did u get an email as well ??

• Advertisement

Haven't received the email yet but I know I'm in so it doesn't matter anymore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RYANWHELAN15

I sent an email of acceptance do they send one back to say they have received it so anxious to make sure there are no hiccups

I havent received anything back also from email has anyone got information booklet yet thanks

Brilliant news

They told me on the phone they would send the booklet later on this week. We have until tomorrow 12pm to accept the offer so I don't think you will get it before

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Got the email, over the moon roll on Monday 30th. It'll be great to meet you all.

• Advertisement

Got the email, over the moon roll on Monday 30th. It'll be great to meet you all.

mrmanor wrote: »

Brilliant news!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

Congratulations to all the successful applicants, see you on the 30th.

And especially commiserations to those unsuccessful this time around, there are going to be at least two more classes this year so keep the chin up and get training away.

Study for your exams, get out working for the summer and enjoy the weather if we get any.

The Naval Service isn't going anywhere and it won't be stopping taking in new entrants any time soon.

Congratulations to all the successful applicants, see you on the 30th.

And especially commiserations to those unsuccessful this time around, there are going to be at least two more classes this year so keep the chin up and get training away.

Study for your exams, get out working for the summer and enjoy the weather if we get any.

The Naval Service isn't going anywhere and it won't be stopping taking in new entrants any time soon.

Well said

Morning everyone just wondering any info booklet yet ..hoping to have idea what to pack .... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Patiently awaiting

Morning everyone just wondering any info booklet yet ..hoping to have idea what to pack .... thanks

No booklet yet still waiting on it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

Nope nothing yet !!

I gave them a buzz there because i missed there call the girl said that booklet will be out tomorrow lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Patiently awaiting

Anyone get booklet yet

Anyone get booklet yet

Not yet ...

• Advertisement

Just got it :) Does anyone know where to get the kiwi shoe polish ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rossosull22

Hi lads Ross from cork here. Got my e mail last Thursday and my info booklet today I'll be seeing ye Monday morning ☺️

You can get kiwi shoe polish in Tesco, well in my local one anyway. I'm more worried about iron on labels. Oh I'm Tristin by the way, never actually introduced myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rossosull22

Hi lads Ross from cork here. Got my e mail last Thursday and my info booklet today I'll be seeing ye Monday morning ☺️

mrmanor wrote: »
    You can get kiwi shoe polish in Tesco, well in my local one anyway. I'm more worried about iron on labels. Oh I'm Tristin by the way, never actually introduced myself.

You can get the iron labels in Euro Giant :) I can not find that shoes polish...

Any other females joining ??

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

Don't buy any polish other than Kiwi Parade Gloss.

It is far superior to anything on the planet, anything else is just crap.

Never use spit when spit shining, use only water even better boiled water.

Get a really really soft cloth, there is a type of cloth called diamond cloth or selvyt available out there. Even just a really soft ripped up old cottenTeeshirt or towel.

Those yellow duster things are crap.

Do not even consider using Halfords Ultra Gloss Clear lacquer spray.

If the staff catch you with that you will be beasted for been cheating buggers.

If your not a runner bring a small blister pack, the moleskin patches will safe you hotspot from ruining your week.

Bring undershorts for training don't go running or do battle pt in boxers your unmentionables will be cut off you and your thighs chafed to bits.

Don't buy any polish other than Kiwi Parade Gloss.

It is far superior to anything on the planet, anything else is just crap.

Never use spit when spit shining, use only water even better boiled water.

Get a really really soft cloth, there is a type of cloth called diamond cloth or selvyt available out there. Even just a really soft ripped up old cottenTeeshirt or towel.

Those yellow duster things are crap.

Do not even consider using Halfords Ultra Gloss Clear lacquer spray.

If the staff catch you with that you will be beasted for been cheating buggers.

If your not a runner bring a small blister pack, the moleskin patches will safe you hotspot from ruining your week.

Bring undershorts for training don't go running or do battle pt in boxers your unmentionables will be cut off you and your thighs chafed to bits.

Do you know where to get it ??? Speaking about the shoe polish. Went to three different shops (in Cork) and couldn't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

If you can find an old fashioned shoe repair shop/cobbler. I got mine in Fermoy I think, also got some tins when I was home in Portlaoise. If you are stuck let me know, I can always buy a few and bring them back with me Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Today was my life day off before we start but I'll try and run up to the store after work tomorrow.
    Thanks very much for the offer !

• Advertisement

They have kiwi polish in the cobblers in douglas for any cork lads

Advertisement