Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

Has anyone else heard anything for general enlistment, good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

I got an email today about the navy interview, it's at the NMCI in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

mrmanor wrote: »
    I got an email today about the navy interview, it's at the NMCI in Cork.
    Same here. They didn't say anything about the online re-test. The interview take place between june 8-19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

Ok now I'm kind of stressed as I have to do the re-testing first...not a good sign if I'm the only one.

Celticlily wrote: »
    Ok now I'm kind of stressed as I have to do the re-testing first...not a good sign if I'm the only one.

Things obviously aren't looking good for me so, I haven't heard a tap

• Advertisement

gg1305 wrote: »
    Things obviously aren't looking good for me so, I haven't heard a tap

Well I got the email on Saturday afternoon and they got their email today so don't worry they're probably sending them out in batches !

Well I got the email on Saturday afternoon and they got their email today so don't worry they're probably sending them out in batches !

God I hope your right!!
    Knowing my luck though I'm out and they just haven't told me Yet!

Stay positive ;)

Why don't you call/email them to see what the story is. Maybe its just the people that got close to 100% that have to do the re-test. It did say at the beginning that candidates "may" have to re-sit.

danube wrote: »
    Why don't you call/email them to see what the story is. Maybe its just the people that got close to 100% that have to do the re-test. It did say at the beginning that candidates "may" have to re-sit.

I have emailed them but got no reply back,
    The only reason I'm worried is that last year for the army the actual next step was the supervised retest.

• Advertisement

Well I'm sure I'm not close to the 100% as I didn't finish the maths part. I just had a phone call from them asking me to say if I'd attend to the retesting but I didn't ask them why I will be retested before the interview. Anyway I'll know better on the 4th of June. Is anyone else being retested ?

Well I'm sure I'm not close to the 100% as I didn't finish the maths part. I just had a phone call from them asking me to say if I'd attend to the retesting but I didn't ask them why I will be retested before the interview. Anyway I'll know better on the 4th of June. Is anyone else being retested ?

How well do you reckon you did on the English part?, that's the annoying bit that I thought I did well overall and missed out on the last maths question and haven't heard a thing?

gg1305 wrote: »
    How well do you reckon you did on the English part?, that's the annoying bit that I thought I did well overall and missed out on the last maths question and haven't heard a thing?
    We are being told in batches. Trust me. If you don't hear by Friday, then ring them. If you didn't make the cut then they would have told you by now. How do you think you did in the tests?

danube wrote: »
    We are being told in batches. Trust me. If you don't hear by Friday, then ring them. If you didn't make the cut then they would have told you by now. How do you think you did in the tests?

That's what I was thinking, I'm sure I would've heard if I hadn't been good enough, I answered all the English questions and from what I could remember I think I got them all right, and missed the last maths question (by a second!)But again feel I did well in it too, a friend of mine did it as well but thinks he got a few wrong but still got called for a retest, this is part of the reason I'm puzzled by it

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

It's probably done like the fitness test. We were definately done in batches then and I bet we all got our emails at seperate times. Havn't heard back from them either but keeping the ol' spirits up about it :D

spl99 wrote: »
    It's probably done like the fitness test. We were definately done in batches then and I bet we all got our emails at seperate times. Havn't heard back from them either but keeping the ol' spirits up about it :D

Just got the email there, and I'll have an interview in the beginning of June, absolutely over the moon!

And I got my email about an hour after you!! :D
    Sucks big time though...the interview is guaranteed to be during the leaving cert...gonna have to do a bit of planning and try and organize to have it during one of the days off that I have :(
    Still, incredibly incredibly happy right now!

Did anyone had the interview today ?
    What did they ask ? Was it hard ?

How did you all find the interview??
    230 of us were interviewed with about 90-100 that will be invited to the medical. The results will be given next Friday with the medicals commencing on the 13th July.

I don't think I did well. I'm definetely out. One of the guys looked bored during half the time I was being interviewed. I'll try again next year if they're recruiting. At least I know how to get ready properly for the interview. It's a shame, I knew everything about the navy but my mind went blank. Impossible to remember what the navy does. How did you get on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ben Matter

is there anyone else on here from Wicklow that has applied?

Anyone get an email today?

Nope, not yet. Might be beginning of next week

Just got my email.

Good News: I have "successfully passed all stages of the competition to date".
    Bad News: My name has been placed on a panel, "which will meet vacancies as they arise in 2016. Recruitment is subject to Government approval and we cannot speculate as to when there will be a Recruit Class in 2016".

Given that there is already going to be two recruit classes in September and December, I can't see another class in 2016. Its was bad enough having to wait over the last few days for this email to come, now I have to wait probably 12+ months before I hear anything again. God knows if I will even be in the country by then!

Just got an email. I have my medicals on the 16th of July. Absolutely over the moon !!!

Got mine on the 20th! 0700hrs though which sucks but shur, be grand!

Hard luck Danube! Atleast they're keeping you on file though

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

Got my medical date as well, really happy. I have mine at 7:30. Can't wait.

Congradualtions to those who got the medical and hard luck Danube head up. I still haven't got an email yet and I'm starting to worry at this stage.

Ben Matter, no news, good news. I'm sure they are sending the emails in batches and you'll get yours soon !

• Advertisement

Just got my email today saying I have a medical on the 31st of August, so happy.

Advertisement