Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

They have kiwi polish in the cobblers in douglas for any cork lads

Thank you very much ! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

A cobblers should have it.

The only place in Cobh is the BMC store right into the middle of the town.

Two would last you through basic training and most of the year afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

Wire coat hangers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RYANWHELAN15

spl99 wrote: »
    Wire coat hangers :)

Thanks how many roughly should we bring thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

Thanks how many roughly should we bring thanks

NO he's wrong get the wooden ones, they're better! Your probably looking at around 10 to begin with, but trust me you'll need more after a while!

• Advertisement

Anyone getting the bus to NMCI on Monday morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

Celticlily wrote: »
    Anyone getting the bus to NMCI on Monday morning ?

Have you been ordered to report to the NMCI or Haulbowline?

If it is Haulbowline the bus goes all the way in the road onto the island, might save yourself a mile walk with your kit.

It says naval collage, naval base, haulbowline so I'm not really sure anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pdelaney996

Hey, Im going with my family. Were going directly to the naval base.

In that case can we get the navette between Cobh and Haulbowline ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

I'd imagine that would be fine, not sure about the launch times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 RyanCork003

On the email the like second heading in bold writing it says arrival at the naval college ? Id presume its NMCI surely all our parents can just wonder into the base ? It is confusing tho ha.

If it says Naval College, Naval Base, Haulbowline, that is beyond the NMCI and on base. They'll give you and your parents a welcome address in the galley. I presume ye have already been attested and are starting from Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

kaiserdave wrote: »
    If it says Naval College, Naval Base, Haulbowline, that is beyond the NMCI and on base. They'll give you and your parents a welcome address in the galley. I presume ye have already been attested and are starting from Monday.
    No we haven't been attested yet, attestation is on Monday. I thought that since it said naval college, naval base then we were to go to the base. Im heading with my parents as well. What do our parents do, are they just given a brief overview of the training course?

Yeah, head to the base then. We were attested on a different date and let home until after Christmas. Are ye starting recruit training from Monday as well? It was more of an introductory chat from officers in charge of line training and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

kaiserdave wrote: »
    Yeah, head to the base then. We were attested on a different date and let home until after Christmas. Are ye starting recruit training from Monday as well? It was more of an introductory chat from officers in charge of line training and so on.

So we all go to the actual base like where we Did our physical test and medical ??

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mrmanor

I presume so, if we were to go to NMCI it would say to go to NMCI. Instead it says to go to the naval base.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Yeah lads go to the naval base. When ye come to the barrier at the entrance just say to whoever is there that you are there to start recruit training, he'll tell yeah where to go after that. Best of luck lads and we'll see ye around the base.

Advertisement