Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I close my credit card account permanently ?

Options
  • 08-07-2015 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I would like to close down my credit card account permanently please can you advise me ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon sarah8, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We regret to learn of your request to close your credit card account. In order to complete this, you will need to:
    • Ensure your credit card balance is cleared in full and cancel any third party direct debits / subscriptions directly with the retailer. If your billing address is within the Republic of Ireland, your account should have a E30 credit balance to discharge the Government Stamp Duty charges. *Government Stamp Duty is charged in arrears on Credit Card accounts.
    • Contact Credit Card Services to request the closure of your account on 0818 251 251 / +3535677 57747.
    • Finally, destroy your card.
    [*]

Our Credit Card Services team are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm (Saturday until 6am) and Sundays 10am to 5pm.

Should you require more information on the Government Stamp duty you can view this here on our website or via the Revenue.ie website. 

I would like to take this opportunity here on Boards.ie to thank you for your business to date. If we can help you with any of your future financial needs, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Advertisement