Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atm charged me but didnt dispense any cash

Options
  • 08-07-2015 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently went on holiday and flew from T1 at dublin airport. I went to take €60 from an ATM in the terminal and €60 was taken from my account, however i was dismayed when the machine didn't dispense the cash.

I asked for assistance at the time from DAA staff, however it was too early in the morning to reach the relevant people. 

I have regularly checked my bank online since then (sunday july 5th) and the money hasn't found its way back to my account yet.

Is there anything BoI can do for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Afternoon Contrails, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

When you make a withdrawal at an ATM and the funds are not dispensed and still appear as a debit on your account, this will generally rectify itself once the ATM recalibrates. This normally takes 1 working day within the Republic of Ireland for Bank of Ireland accounts. As this time frame has lapsed we would ask that you contact your bank directly. 

If your account is with Bank of Ireland and you are registered for 365Online, you can submit this query via the 'Ask a Question' option through the online service desk. Alternatively, please call 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to investigate this for you. 

We hope this helps. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement