Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat 5 cable (by the metre)

Options
  • 08-07-2015 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Lads:

I need about 15 metres of Cat 5 cable to finish wiring some cameras at home. I don't want to buy a box of the stuff. Anywhere I can buy smaller quantities around the Lucan area? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

wait4me wrote: »
    Lads:

I need about 15 metres of Cat 5 cable to finish wiring some cameras at home. I don't want to buy a box of the stuff. Anywhere I can buy smaller quantities around the Lucan area? Thanks

Not sure about getting a small amount like that but the likes of B&Q sell cable by the meter. Not sure if they do cat 5.
    If you are stuck I have a some your more than welcome too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Cheer Altor - I have some already but reckon that I won't have enough. Any idea how long is a run from say the corner of a four bedroomed house to the opposite diagonal corner? I have five such runs and then a bit more to do. Let me see how I am doing; and if in trouble I might take you up on your kind offer. This is a job over a couple of weekends so it might be a week or three.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

For what you will pay by the meter in DiY shops you would get a box of it anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

wait4me wrote: »
    Cheer Altor - I have some already but reckon that I won't have enough. Any idea how long is a run from say the corner of a four bedroomed house to the opposite diagonal corner? I have five such runs and then a bit more to do. Let me see how I am doing; and if in trouble I might take you up on your kind offer. This is a job over a couple of weekends so it might be a week or three.

Always good to have some slack also. You can buy pre-made leads, more expensive tho.
    If you do run into trouble I am not far from you.

Advertisement