Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions needed!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

By that same token, you could be 27 and have a solid head on your shoulders, or still running around with the mental and emotional maturity of a little kid, and if you're 27 running around after 18 year olds, or encouraging 18 year olds, well, chances are you're that 27 year old with the mental and emotional maturity of a little kid, who finds 18 year olds with the mental and emotional maturity of a little kid, attractive.

There's nothing illegal about it, but it's hardly a sign of maturity in either of them IMO.

I'd consider your blanket opinion that anyone that would pursue something at these ages to have to be immature to be a highly immature attitude due to it's pointed lack of nuance. So we've all got our opinions.

(I know you're a fan of the endless back and forth where both people keep saying the same thing to each other just worded differently over and over and over again. So just to head that off at the pass. I think I'll pass man, no offence. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonny24ie wrote: »
    What about the if theres grass on the pitch rule?

Probably get you locked up pretty quick ;)
    OneOfThem wrote: »
    I know your a fan of the endless back and forth where both people keep saying the same thing to each other just worded differently over and over and over again

A wild re-reg appears :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,548 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When my mother was 18 she started seeing my father who was 30. There happily married for over 34 years.
    So, I don't see the problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Buzz Meeks

A sexually mature man is flirting with a sexually mature 18 woman?

Oh God. I'm getting turned on reading this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well not if you follow the half your age plus seven rule

But yes if you follow the sexy sexy 18 year old rule.

• Advertisement

But yes if you follow the sexy sexy 18 year old rule.

Apt avatar is apt

• Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

They are allowed to do what they want, and I am allowed to assume that a 27 year old chasing 18 year olds is a bit of a loser, probably a bit creepy, and certainly somebody likely to be immature and worthy of a measure of contempt.

Menas wrote: »
    It is legally grand. But try telling her dad that.

Try telling your missus dad what you do to his daughter now and see what he reckons.

Age isnt going to change that.

Try telling your missus dad what you do to his daughter now and see what he reckons

I've never once told my fiances dad what I've done to her, and we're both in our 20s

With the way the "fashion" is gone now, you might find yourself a virgin for life if you wait for a pitch with grass. Theyre all playing on snooker tables now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Are you from Rotherham OP? :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10 IrishEF

I think it is morally wrong and kinda gives me the creeps when its thats age gap from 18 - 27.

Up to 18, a girl wouldnt have much life experience compared to a 27 year old fella.

Anyone agree???

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

IrishEF wrote: »
    I think it is morally wrong and kinda gives me the creeps when its thats age gap from 18 - 27.

Up to 18, a girl wouldnt have much life experience compared to a 27 year old fella.

Anyone agree???
    I would disagree. Are you male or female?

Nothing wrong with this at all. Most men would jump at the chance, and most older women would talk like you have "creepy" etc.. Jealousy plain and simple.

I doubt there would be a long term relationship but for a fling zero problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

If there's grass on the pitch, play ball? haha I remember it now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Nothing wrong with this at all. Most men would jump at the chance, and most older women would talk like you have "creepy" etc.. Jealousy plain and simple.

I would guess that EF is female, but that aside, your comment is a bit daft.

Most men would be attracted to a girl still in their teens as an adult? I doubt it. Some men will be, some won't be, some wouldn't think they'd be but then run into someone that is absolutely perfect for them and just happens to have been born rather later than them.

Most men aren't actually ruled by whatever their penis tells them at any given moment, for all the jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Legally it is ok, but morally it is pretty gross.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Would anyone have a problem if the lad was 18 and the woman 27?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Elvis met Priscilla when she was just 14 and he was 24.:eek:

How creepy is that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priscilla_Presley#Life_with_Elvis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Jjiipp79 wrote: »

No, that's different!! That's a guy and a girl, so that's okay.

It's just creepy if the girl is 18 because women can't make up their own minds at that age and everyone knows men are always up for it.

In one instance you have a guy taking advantage of a an 18 year old woman.

If the guy was 18 and there was 27 year old woman pursuing him, then he's a bauss. Because, SENSE! That's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Anyone agree???

No. Based on your argument we should only getting into relationships with people that are the same age. She's 18, if she was under the age of consent, then there would be an issue.

I doubt there would be a long term relationship but for a fling zero problems at all.

You can't speak for 'most men' or 'most women'. A silly argument to assume that 'most men' like the same thing and most older women are 'jealous' because a man decides to go out with a younger lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It's fine, but just about and no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hi All,

Just a quick one. I am in the middle of debate with a few friends and wanted a few opinions on the matter.

What is the general outlook on the following:

Is it ok for a 27 year old male to be flirting and driving around with a just gone (as of yesterday 7th July 2015) 18 year old girl? Bearing in mind that the 27 year old male has admitted to flirting with her.

All opinions welcomed!!!

That's the bit that causes the trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

OneOfThem wrote: »
    I'd consider your blanket opinion that anyone that would pursue something at these ages to have to be immature to be a highly immature attitude due to it's pointed lack of nuance. So we've all got our opinions.

(I know you're a fan of the endless back and forth where both people keep saying the same thing to each other just worded differently over and over and over again. So just to head that off at the pass. I think I'll pass man, no offence. :))

No offence taken at all, I know where you're coming from, but for me personally it's not even the age gap itself, but that at the ages they're at they'd generally be at different life stages is all.

Anyone that has to ask strangers on the internet is it ok to date someone they're probably going to date anyway is hardly going to be looking for serious answers, well, I'd hope not anyway! :D

If I didn't know better I'd say the OP was boasting tbh... :pac:

Samaris wrote: »
    I would guess that EF is female, but that aside, your comment is a bit daft.

Most men would be attracted to a girl still in their teens as an adult? I doubt it. Some men will be, some won't be, some wouldn't think they'd be but then run into someone that is absolutely perfect for them and just happens to have been born rather later than them.

Most men aren't actually ruled by whatever their penis tells them at any given moment, for all the jokes.

Yeah but to actually act on it?????? Is a bit different than been attracted! Would you like your 18 yr old daughter to be flirting and hanging around with a 27 year old?

Jjiipp79 wrote: »

I would. The life experiences that an 18 year old would have would be nothing to a 27 year old, of either sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,755 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I would. The life experiences that an 18 year old would have would be nothing to a 27 year old, of either sex!

Well, if they were both virgins, at least that's one aspect of life experience they'd have in common :pac:

Advertisement