Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

periodic electrical inspection - PSDP AND PSCS

Options
  • 08-07-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi

In the case where I appoint an electrical contractor to carry out a periodic electrical inspection on my premises (say it was a school) - then who would act as PSDP and PSCS , considering there is no actual design or construction works taking place???

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

If it's a periodic inspection outside of the design or construction phase of a project installation then no PSDP or PSCS would be required unless specified otherwise. That's my understanding anyway. Why do you think one may be required?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭tommyc123

If it's a periodic inspection outside of the design or construction phase of a project installation then no PSDP or PSCS would be required unless specified otherwise. That's my understanding anyway. Why do you think one may be required?

Okay. Well I wasn't sure. Thanks.

What if as well as the inspection, the contractor is asked to make minor repairs as they go, such as repairing broken distribution board doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I think this has been take to a new level for periodic electrical inspections.
    I think the Electrical Contractor has to accept the role of PSCS .
    The role of PSCS is required if there is a PARTICULAR RISK identified.
    Working at height
    Working close to water
    Working close to traffic & pedestrians

Opening luminaires at height is akin to electrical maintenance which IS Construction WORK according to the HSA

KK4SAM wrote: »
    Working at height
    Working close to water

Opening luminaires at height is akin to electrical maintenance which IS Construction WORK according to the HSA

Thanks. But who would be the PSDP then??
    I take it if you need a Pscs then u need an accompanying psdp? But no design taking place?

All very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

[IMG][/img]rws8s7.jpg

• Advertisement

[IMG][/img]rws8s7.jpg

Sorry, can't open that.

[IMG][/img]rws8s7.jpg

Great job . . . . Thanks!

Working at height
    Working close to water

I was on to the hsa and they say that no need to appoint a pscs as work duration under both 30 days and 500 hrs , plus no risk involved as under 38kv. Working at height is not a particular risk unless it is "aggravated by other circumstances". Other than that, the work does not come under any of the particular risks identified in the construction regs section 10

Advertisement